WarehouseTeam Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible forpicking, packaging, staging,andshipping partsfromaGeneral MotorsLLCwarehouse containing automotive parts.Team members are also loading, unloading, stocking, and maintaining the warehouse inventory. Each team memberoperates withina warehouse team environment whereGlobal ManufacturingSystem (GMS) principlesare highly integrated.
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour.Eligible for holiday pay and health care options after 90 days.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily.The requirements listed belowrepresenttheessentialknowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required.Additional or different requirements may exist in this role.
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner andcontributeto a culture thatpromotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Useand operate warehouse equipmentsuch asorder selector,sit down/stand up forkliftsin connection with the receipt, storage, and shipping of parts.These vehicles could operate at heights of up to 35 feet.
- Perform a variety of duties, including:
- Packagefinished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, and labeling).
- Stage parts of loading.
- Load finished products onto truckand/or railcar.
- Move parts to warehouse for storage.
- Sort andplace materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Read, comprehend,and follow written, standardizedwork instructionsand trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as required by business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meetoperationalexpectations.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-pacedwarehousingplant environment.
- Regularly report for work on time to support startup and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina andcoordination.Specific physical requirements of the position includethe ability to:
- Walk and standfor prolonged periodsof time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines, equipment,and tools, and perform qualitychecks.
- Promptly detectand respond tosafetyinstructions,alarms,and signals.
- Wear personal protectiveequipment,for example:safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, andappropriateshoes.
- Workin a loudwarehousingenvironment.
- Frequentlyand repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds andperiodicallycarry or lift materials weighingup to 40 lbs.
Additional Job Description
- Occasionally sit, climbstairs,and drive vehicles and equipment.
- These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of General MotorsLLC
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not continuously
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includehair drug testing and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety instructions
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well asovertime hours on those shifts with little notice
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.