Are you looking to be a part of a hardworking, passionate team that values innovation, creativity, and speed?
There has never been a better time to work for General Motors!
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
About the role:
Maxis Software Engineers are responsible for new and innovative software development and design sophisticated and professional code for General Motors in the Big Data and Analytics ecosystem. We work closely with IT verticals and business partners to deliver cutting edge capabilities to delight our customers and build a data-driven culture.
The Full-Stack Software Engineer will have a phenomenal team to work alongside, each member has an outstanding background and experience level from Product Managers, UI Designers, Full-Stack Software Engineers, and Platform Engineers. Our engineers work in highly collaborative and agile environments across multiple Maxis products for internal and external customers (i.e. dealers and suppliers). Maxis Software Engineers have a variety of enterprise and open source technology available to incorporate into their solutions. Our engineers are asked to...
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Quickly design, develop, and deliver new code
- Perform root cause analysis, do technology evaluations, and develop quick prototypes
- Modern development patterns and platforms (Microservices, Web Services (REST), Containers, Cloud Native)
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Participate in corporate hackathons (voluntary) to help bring new perspectives to existing opportunities
- Experience with Agile teams that regularly delivered software while developing reusable code, practicing code reviews, and performing unit tests
- Expertise in SQL (relational databases), key-value datastores, and document stores: Cassandra, Redis, Postgresql, MS SQL Server
- Crafting self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in front-end and back-end work: Docker, Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundary, OpenShift
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Over 3 years developing 12 factor apps including designing and implementing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery
- Over 3 years utilizing platform and infrastructure as a service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc.)
- Over 2 years of recent Angular version development experience
- Mobile application development/publishing
- Experience using Git source control doing rebases, merges, and handling merge conflicts
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.