Holman Enterprises is a diverse automotive services company that is made up of six operating businesses - including automotive dealerships across the country, a leasing and auto retail finance company, an auto parts distributorship, a truck up-fitting business, a full-service insurance brokerage, and the largest privately owned fleet leasing and management company in the world.
Holman Automotive Group was founded on family values with a passion for customer satisfaction. Our success and ability to provide outstanding service for over 90 years is due to our most valuable resource…our employees. Now into the third generation of family leadership, Holman Automotive Group is poised to continue its success for decades to come.
Holman is currently accepting resume for the role of Full Stack Developer.
Primary Purpose of Position
Relevant Work Experience:
- Design, efficient, testable, reusable, and reliable code - all on the cloud
- Designing a relational database, constructing a secure JSON REST API, a responsive front end and composing a server less function.
- Build restful services with Ruby on Rails
- Integration of cloud based data storage solutions (Postgres, Redis, etc)
- Integration of user-facing elements with server side logic
- Work collaboratively in architect/developing solutions
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies/industry trends
- Ability to learn a lot quickly
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years' developing commercial and/or b2b apps
- 4+ years professional experience building web applications
- Thorough knowledge of Ruby is essential
- Experience in using an ORM like Active Record
- Firm grasp of OOP & SOLID design principles
Education and/or Training:
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Experience using React dom - native experience a plus
- Docker experience a plus
- Experience building complex, highly scalable customer facing software systems
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of GIT
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Amazon Certification a plus
Holman Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.