PURPOSE OF ROLE: The Front End Maintainer is responsible for the setup adjusting repairing maintaining and overhaul of front end related equipment.
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and work instructions especially for LockoutTagout, Chemical Handling, Machine Guarding, Housekeeping, SQF and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Rebuild, repair, or overhaul types of frontend can manufacturing and other equipment.
- Modify, remove, install, adjust, synchronize, make, or repair equipment or parts as required. This could include large presses and dies, deep drawing and trimming equipment, transfer equipment, various electrical and mechanical control devices.
- Instruct, train, and certify other equipment mechanics as directed.
- Make proper diagnosis, adjustment, repair, and set up of assigned equipment.
- Read and interpret computer information system reports; work from verbal or written instructions to determine need for and plan repair, overhaul, setup, and operation required on types of manufacturing and other types of equipment.
- Determine specifications for inspection of work and using full range of precision measuring and gauging tools perform required inspection before, during, and after rebuild repair or overhaul.
- Determine and make most efficient setup and operate machine tools, taking into consideration such things as type of material tolerances to be held, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants, and machine tool speeds and feeds.
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of machines and mechanical principles involved in the repair and overhaul work, including timing, synchronizing, and aligning the mechanical action so that, under power, the assemblies are mechanically coordinated.
- Set up and test can manufacturing and other equipment under power testing for mechanical difficulties, tracing to their source and correcting.
- Operate, clear jams, lubricate, clean, and add, as required, necessary direct and indirect materials to equipment to keep operational.
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Mechanically inclined, familiar with hand tools
- Familiar with proper handling of chemicals and solvents.
- Minimum of 5+ years previous mechanical, fast-paced, manufacturing experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Able to stand for a long duration of time in excess of 8 hours a day
- Able to bend and rotate body repeatedly
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Exposure to heat, cold, vibrations, odors, fumes, and loud noise
- Able to perform fine manipulations with hands
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and night shifts
is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately $7 billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
Did you know....
- Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the country?
- Ardagh Metal Beverage North America produces more than 15 billion cans and can ends annually?
- Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use today?
- Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is prohibited.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.Nearest Major Market: