Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Friction Stir Weld Foreman
SUPERVISES: CNC Programmer, CNC Nester & FSW Operators
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for Work Package kitting accuracy.
- Liaison with Machine Manufactures on repair and maintenance issues.
- Liaison with Austal Ships on Technical issues
- Implement the Ten Fundamentals of Supervision.
- Responsible for the FSW are being a safe working area with good housekeeping
- To control the production area work load.
- To use the department with the minimum waste of both labor and material.
- Motivate and encourage the work force.
- Ensure work is completed in a reasonable time.
- Ensure a control is carried out of all work and materials passing through the Department.
- Ensure adequate records are kept for finished parts leaving the FSW area.
- Ensure all machinery in the FSW area is safe and correctly maintained and operated.
- Control work created from individual requisitions. Agreeing with the creator on a time scale.
- Notify the Foreman if scheduled work can not be completed on time.
- Ensure all paperwork is marked off correctly and all department databases are up to date.
- Order and maintain consumables for all shop floor operations.
- Check all machine maintenance books are up to date.
- Monitor the training register and give feed back to the Trainer.
- Monitor and update schedule for the FSW dept.
- Ensure maintenance and repair work if needed is carried out.
- Verify your team's wages are correct each day before 9:00am. Add correct job numbers to the sheet.
- Minimum High School Diploma, Two years college Preferred.
- Minimum three years Shipyard experience or five years related experience.
- Minimum 2 years in Friction Stir welding
- Excellent understanding of Austal detail drawings.
- Possesses the ability to schedule and monitor tasks.
- Good understanding of various automated equipment.
- Experience in achieving schedules and budgets.
- Excellent People Skills.
- Excellent Computer skills including Excel, Outlook, Access, and Word.
Computers, Various CNC Equipment, Various Hand Tools.DIRECTION EXERCISED:
Authority to assign work to department personnel.DISCRETION EXERCISED:
Discretionary authority to correct, discipline and recommend pay increases.LIAISES WITH:
- Material handling department - making sure parts requested are delivered on time and to the correct department
- All Supervisors - submitting request to the FSW department
- Design -to make sure drawings sent to the FSW department are using the correct revision and are providing what is needed to carry out the request correctly.
- Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to provide proof of US Person Status
- No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within
seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
Must have the ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel. Perform prolonged standing. Ability to turn head from side to side and about the vertical axis. Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis. Lift/push/pull 50lbs to 75lbs on an occasional basis. Lift/push/pull up to 20lbs on a frequent basis. Must have the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing as a minimum includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders, and ramps). Ability to work at heights above 12' while working from ladders, scaffolding and/or man lifts. Able to work at a variety of levels (ex. waist, eye, overhead). Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment. Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles. Possess sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment. Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toes shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards. Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures. Ability to enter 18" x 36" openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time. Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands. Able to utilize adequate visual skills. Ability to fully extend the arm while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and reaching down. Ability to perceive attributes of an object/material such as size, shape, temperature and texture by means of receptors in the hands and fingers.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters whole performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to humid conditions, bright flashing lights, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles at or below the PEL, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud, + 90 dB.SAFETY
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
This job has expired.