American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Forward Planning Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day activities of land planning, and entitlement efforts for division new home communities. Oversees entitlement projects immediately after Land Acquisition obtains corporate approval. Manages and directs all aspects of the design and entitlement process for new communities, including Annexation, General Plan Amendments, Zone Changes, Public Improvement Agreements, Tentative Subdivision Map approval, Final Map approval, Construction Drawing approval and Clearance Document certification. Supports the Land Acquisition department's due diligence efforts by coordinating preliminary site plans and pre-application meetings with municipalities, analyzes site design features and corresponding development costs. Assists in the preparation of corporate land approval packages. Problems faced may be difficult to moderately complex and often require input and collaboration with stakeholders in multiple departments.
- Responsible for site planning and securing land use entitlements from governmental jurisdictions for properties for which the company has opened escrow. Negotiates with government agencies to secure approval of annexation, general plan amendments, zoning changes, tentative maps, certifications, design review, and other discretionary approvals. Pursues project approvals through constant communications with review agencies to ensure timely responses and to maintain it within the project schedule.
- Coordinates preparation of all land use application and project documents with outside consultants including, but not limited to: Environmental Impact Report documents, preliminary plat, site plans, civil engineering drawings, soils engineering, and amenity and landscape plans. Ensures that land plan and product design satisfy Division requirements regarding vertical construction, architectural design, lot fit, utility/easement locations, landscaping, parks, trails, open space, signage and access for marketing and production start.
- Oversees and maintains project "pro-forma" support and refinement, including determination of current agency fees, consultant costs and design, horizontal development cost impacts (e.g., off-site improvements, reimbursements, future contributions, roadway standards, and general infrastructure design standards) and processing schedules. Assists management in preparation and verification of preliminary site development and entitlement budgets.
- Evaluates all easements, partnership, development, governmental agreements, and legal documents. Negotiates agreements to secure approvals and ensures the viability of a project's construction. Reviews survey/title issues and evaluates the overall technical, political, and financial feasibility of a potential project.
- Participates in contract negotiates for services to be performed by outside consultants, including architects, civil engineers, landscape architects, soils engineers, and political consultants. Oversees the day-to-day on-site responsibilities for outside consultants' progress, completion within budget, and on project schedule.
- Meets with brokers, land sellers, consultants, title companies, local districts, review agencies, and public officials to move projects forward. Creates and delivers effective presentations to municipal decision-making bodies and other government entities. Engages with local communities to gain support and address concerns relating to land use applications.
- Reviews engineering estimates and works directly with engineers and municipalities in the design and processing of civil plans. Evaluates, assess, and recommends design alternatives that may reduce cost, save time, improve efficiency, lot count and the overall marketability of the community.
- Identifies potential threats / risks to development in a local municipality, which may include condemnation, eminent domain, moratoria and water shortages, proposed ordinances and changes to policy and upcoming elections that might change the political climate.
Work where you feel right at home -
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Urban / Regional Planning, Real Estate Development, Business Administration, or Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in residential development, community entitlement processing, project management, and/or related experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Intermediate understanding of reading and interpreting civil engineering and other project related drawings.
- Advanced project management experience to include budgeting and understanding of pro-forma documents.
- Intermediate PC skills with expertise in Microsoft Windows Office Applications, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Advanced experience and demonstrable success negotiating with municipal agencies.
- Intermediate experience with CAD, Bluebeam, and/or other related programs a plus.
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!Related Keywords:
project manager, leadership, site planning, business strategy, collaborative, full-time, civil engineering, market analysis, contracts
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
This job has expired.