Responsible for manufacturing line set up, staging, and managing continuous material and WIP flow to ensure production has necessary components to package all finished good SKU's. Performs functions to ensure accuracy in cost accounting and inventory. **OUR MANUFACTURING AND WAREHOUSE AREAS ARE TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED BY HVAC**
- Request additional supplies or components when necessary and distributes to packaging line in a timely manner so that the daily schedule is completed on time.
- Performs cycle counts and works with cost accounting to manage adjustments and related tasks to manage on-going variances.
- Moves or stacks boxes to be wrapped to assure they are in orderly fashion before wrapping.
- Moves WIP, finished products, and other designated pallets to locations and staging areas with forklift or pallet jack.
- Ensures marked pallets and any other pallet or gaylord are wrapped as directed per established guidelines.
- Create move tickets, MTR's, and license plate transactions utilizing Intermec scanner.
- Shrink wrap pallets by hand held unit and with shrink wrapping machine.
- Makes sure identification form on pallet is visible through stretch wrap.
- Maintain clean work environment, remove trash and debris, empty trash containers and sweep area.
- Notes location and contents of damaged product and notifies supervisor before they are moved for re-boxing.
- Train as and perform the duties of Packer / Assembler if needed.
- Act as back-up to Area Lead, when necessary.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Fill-in as back up packaging line Area Lead when needed.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may require you to:
- Constantly stand, repetitively use hands for simple and power grasping.
- Frequently walk, bend and/or twist at the neck, twist at the waist, reach below shoulder level, lift/carry up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally sit, bend at the waist, squat, climb, lift/carry up to 50 lbs, use hands for fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above shoulder level.
- Drive cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment.
- Work around equipment and machinery.
- Be exposed to excessive noise.
- Operate foot controls or use repetitive foot movements.
- Use special visual or auditory protective equipment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of 3 months relevant experience or combination of training and experience.
- Working knowledge of inventory management system(s), such as Prism, AS400, and or Intermec.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Able to communicate and comprehend in English.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, or subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent.
- Working knowledge of Prism, AS400, and Intermec systems.
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This job has expired.