Job ID: 484462
Preferred Materials - Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Tampa, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Loads and unloads materials from trucks using forklift, Organizes and maintains warehouse and stock yard. May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment. May require occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Job requires the following motions: climbing, stretching, driving/steering, sitting, twisting, vibration, riding on rough terrain. Uses hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers. May be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather. Overtime work is required. The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented. Fosters teamwork, positive work environment and overall safety of yourself and others.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are met by complying with legislation, company policies and promoting a safe work environment
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate Forklift
- Ability to safely utilize a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to clearly and efficiently communicate with plant staff and area management when needed.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Perform general clean-up and maintenance duties as assigned.
- Must be able to maintain acceptable attendance in a flexible work schedule.
- Properly follow & promote all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Must maintain at all times a strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures.
- May perform other duties including but not limited to operating equipment.
- Must possess a professional attitude while interacting with peers, contractors and general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to Preferred Materials guidelines and standards. Work Requirements
Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, criminal background check and driving record review.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Preferred Materials, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Sep 19, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Sarasota Nearest Secondary Market:
Bradenton Job Segment:
Warehouse, Forklift, Construction, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing, Engineering