Essential Functions of the Forklift Operator:
- Assisting with cleaning and related duties to maintain plant operations.
- Operating a forklift in the movement of bins and equipment.
- Assisting with yard/facility cleanup and maintenance.
- Following all safety guidelines and protocol, including wearing of all PPE.
- Working inside, outside, in dusty/dirty conditions, and around noise. Steel toed boots required - All other PPE will be provided by the company.
- Successful candidates must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs, while climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Experience working with in a high traffic, safety conscious environment.
- Current Forklift Certification.
- Willingness to work outside in all conditions, as well as in a noisy and dusty environment, wearing all required PPE.
- Ability to follow all established safety procedures and protocols.
- Ability to be flexible to changing work conditions and assignments, and work well within a team.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Experience working within the Scrap Metal industry an asset.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.