MV Transportation is seeking a Fleet Maintenance Manager who will be a dynamic, multi-task oriented senior professional to manage all day-to-day maintenance aspects of this fixed route bus operation. The Fleet Maintenance Manager will ensure that all contractual requirements are achieved, and duties included will consist of daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. The Fleet Maintenance Manager must be able to properly manage a budget for maintenance program.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) or more years of recent (within the past seven (7) years) direct successful experience in a Maintenance/Assistant General Manager capacity managing a fixed-cost transit property/operation with an alternative fuel fleet of a minimum of 30 vehicles.
- Must have a combination of ten years of general vehicle maintenance experience.
- Must have experience managing/ directing 15 plus employees. (fleet techs/service workers/cleaners/admin.)
- Experience working with 30+ fixed route buses within the last year.
- Must have technical experience with fixed route bus maintenance.
- Must have experience working with fixed route operations within the last year.
- Must have technical competence with light / medium / heavy duty vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
- This candidate should have thorough knowledge of mechanical maintenance and repair methods and practices.
- Must have experience as a Maintenance Manager and must possess certifications as required for a Level "A" Mechanic position.
- ASE or manufacture's certifications a plus.
- Experience with Gasoline, Propane, CNG, Diesel, Electric and Alternative fuels required.
- Must have a CDL class B with passenger and airbrake endorsement.
- Must be able to manage and interface with client.
- Must have the ability to track and control parts inventories, vendors and suppliers.
- Must be able to properly prioritize, implement and manage work schedules, projects and assignments.
- Must be able to manage the financial / accounting aspects of a fleet maintenance operation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
- Must have computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
- Formal education beyond high school is desirable and may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Must adhere to the strict maintenance plan developed by MV and our client.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
This job has expired.