Direct the select and pack and carton departments for the manufacturing of glass containers to obtain optimum performances in safety quality and performance efficiencies at the lowest possible cost.
- Perform administrative responsibilities necessary for the effective management of the assigned departments including the selection and development of employee's salary administration budget and cost administration.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy work environment always striving for zero accidents.
- Implement training initiatives such as Bsafe, HAACP and Food Safety.
- Develop and maintain working relations between employees, supervisors and other departments and maintain good labor relations.
- Develop within the department and maintain good team concepts working to achieve plant goals.
- Participate in partnership meetings with customers.
- Attend quality meetings and perform customer site visits as necessary.
- Perform customer audits per established procedures.
- Dotted line responsibility over A.I.E. Mechanics and Job Change Crews.
- Manage departmental project including time labor and spending budgets.
- Follow established procedures for Requests for Expenditures RFE and plant specific Purchase Requisitions.
- Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies/programs within Department responsibilities.
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of an Associate s Degree in technical or business-related field.
- A Bachelor s degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of at least five 5 years of progressive production management experience in a manufacturing environment preferably the glass industry with an emphasis in a Cold End operation.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a team-based environment. Ability to manage and supervise other salaried personnel and direct reports.
- Some long and short distance travel required.
- Exposure to quality certification processes such as ISO is preferred.
- General knowledge of automated inspection and packaging equipment and experience in Lean Manufacturing Kaizen and 5S are preferred.
- Candidate should have experience with union environments.
About Ardagh Group
- Must have a familiarity with labor and budget planning and execution an importance of key accounts.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills with good team dynamics and possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated. Must have basic computer skills and have knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Applications.
- Ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in math, engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 3 - 5 years of manufacturing quality experience.
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
• Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
• Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
• Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you'll enjoy the journey!
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Nearest Major Market: