AEM (Advanced Environmental Monitoring) is the global leader in innovative mission critical weather and water monitoring and intelligence solutions. Their family of innovators offers world-class hydrometeorological technologies and services, including sensors, dataloggers, telemetry, and advanced analytics and software. Their technology and services enable the agencies they serve to be more resilient, to protect communities and infrastructure, and to respond to the climate challenge.
PRIMARY JOB OBJECTIVE
This position will monitor, maintain, integrate, install, troubleshoot and repair AEM environmental products and systems.
This position will report to the Field Service Supervisor and is based in the New Orleans, Louisiana area.
- Monitor, maintain, integrate, install, troubleshoot and repair AEM environmental products and systems.
- Troubleshoot various systems via onsite field work or customer phone support.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, both internally and with customers, to ensure work objectives are met and issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Apply data integrity standards to ensure that timely entry, accuracy and consistency of data is used in any system, or digital tool that stores, processes or retrieves data.
- Ensure that all project documentation is consistently maintained to reflect accurate project status.
- Ensure defined standard operating practices and procedures are followed.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical certification and/or applicable equivalent diploma.
- 1+ years of technical/field service or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training preferred.
- Proven operation and proper use of common hand and machine tools.
- Proven operation and proper use of digital multi-meters, oscilloscope and other electrical diagnostic tools.
- Knowledge of DC circuits and basic circuitry analysis calculations.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Construction skills: concrete foundation work, conduit experience, masonry, trenching and structures preferred.
- Experience with RF Environments, cellular/satellite telemetry, or other data collection platforms is preferred.
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving ability and sound judgement.
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft® Windows® software products.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ERP software systems, preferably NetSuite and/or Salesforce.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse weather conditions.
- Valid passport and driver's license.
- Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally.
AEM is committed to providing a safe workplace and establishing a culture where safety is everyone's responsibility.
• All employees are required to follow established work instruction, standard operating procedures and safety policies.
• It is expected and required that every employee work safely.
• It is expected that all unsafe acts and hazardous conditions will be reported immediately.
• An incident or near miss report must be completed immediately following any workplace injury and environmental incidents, regardless of severity.QUALITY
It is each employee's responsibility to comply with AEM's quality policy.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
You must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
AEM & Earth Networks are Equal Opportunity Employers. 3
This job has expired.