Qualified candidates for this position should be fully vaccinated by 1st day of hire for the Covid virus. Ricoh will evaluate requests to reasonably accommodate qualified candidates who have not been vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Our team is made up of full and part time employees. These roles are permanent positions that play a critical role in delivering Ricoh's services and solutions to our customers. Ricoh offers positions with a developmental path and a range of training resources to meet our employees' needs. From on-boarding training to continued development for all of our employees, we provide many resources to set our employees up for continued success.
Ricoh works to motivate employees with competitive pay and benefits that are affordable. We offer proven career paths - locally, regionally, and nationally.
This position comes with competitive starting pay and generous employee perks and benefits that include:
- Competitive starting pay
- Vacation eligibility after only 30 days on the job
- Seven paid holidays plus five paid floating holidays per year
- Health, dental and vision coverage after 30 days on the job
- Paid sick time
- College Tuition reimbursement
- Unparalleled training and growth opportunities
Services and repairs a variety of office equipment at customer locations, usually within a specific geographic area. May be viewed as specialist on certain products. Additional responsibilities may include Team Lead/Coordinator role. Position requires 1(one) Industry Certification.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specializes in the servicing and repair of a core set of highly complex office products.
- Manages territory, inventory and customer relationships.
- As a specialist, provides 2nd level technical support to other technicians.
- Achieves expected productivity levels associated with assigned workload and level of experience.
- Actively drives revenue generating opportunities through supply leads, contract sales, network support contract leads, equipment and print assessment leads.
- Able to work under minimal supervision
Demonstrates technical expertise and provides specialist services
- Performs a full range of servicing and repair service procedures including diagnostics, installation, removal and retrofits on a core set of highly complex office products.
- Demonstrates required digital competencies associated with assigned products and level assignment.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs or replaces equipment components as necessary on B&W, color and multifunctional devices.
- Completes technical training on new equipment as assigned
Provides advanced training
- Conducts OJT for new and experienced technicians as required.
- Conducts technical seminars as required.
- Serves as a role model and exhibits professional appearance and behavior at all times, under the most difficult situations.
- A positive influence/champion within the team/organization.
- Proactively seeks ways to improve things.
- Assumes responsibilities of Field Technology Service Manager as required.
- Effectively executes all required territory management and call handling procedures.
- Works closely with sales partners to maximize equipment leads and upgrade opportunities.
- Maintains and manages own parts inventory with a high degree of accuracy.
- Adheres to territory back-up plans.
- Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complies with all company policies.
- Effectively handles the most difficult customer situations.
- Acts as a communication link on unresolved technical problems/issues.
- Interacts with external customers for the purpose of determining service needs on equipment and ensuring overall high level of customer satisfaction with the service performed.
- Maintains productive, professional relationship with all company personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining a "car stock" inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires high level technical skills typically gained through completion of technical school and 3+ years of related experience including a minimum of 2 years as a Technology Service Consultant I.
- Requires 1 Industry Certification and sustained (at least 2 years) of meets or exceeds performance level.
- Requires a valid state driver's license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage per Ricoh policy for positions entailing extensive use of personal car while on company business.
- Requires an excellent working knowledge of electro-mechanical devices and electronics.
- Requires expert knowledge of assigned equipment.
- Skilled methodical approach to resolving problems.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including ability to follow up to ensure closure of issues.
- Skilled ability to read and comprehend written technical information in the form of technical manuals, parts books and relevant publications.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.