Braun Intertec is seeking a Field Operations Coordinator (FOC) - CMT to join our La Porte, TX or Houston, TX office. This individual leads a team of technicians and special inspectors responsible for completing field work in an assigned geographic area. Works with other FOCs and schedulers to cover workload when help is needed or when their staff is available. Trains and mentors their staff to advance their careers, resolves issues that arise in the performance of our field services, and assists department with the developing of best practices, processes, operating procedures. The FOC will also perform inspections and testing including concrete, masonry and soils.
- Performs routine to complex inspection and testing of construction materials in the field to verify conformance to construction plans and specifications. Prepare complete and accurate daily reports on observation activities in a timely fashion.
- Lead a team of technicians and special inspectors responsible for completing field work in a specified geography.
- Responsible for communicating safe work practices, holding safety meetings, and auditing safety practices of staff.
- Coordinate with other FOC staff and scheduler to share resources to manage workloads and technical resources.
- Supervise, mentor, train, and develop staff.
- Perform reviews and mentor staff for career development.
- Collect and communicate business intelligence collected during the performance of our services with other members of the consulting team.
- Perform quality control review of the testing and inspection work performed by assigned staff; identify, investigate and resolve internal and external quality issues on projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with other members of the consulting group on project progress and issues that arise. This individual has ultimate ownership of technical success for the field aspects of the project.
- Assist in the development of construction materials testing (CMT) policies and setting direction for the CMT group, in coordination with the CMT Operations team.
Required Experience and Education
- Excellent construction document reading and interpretation skills
- Understanding of the basic technical concepts of testing and observations related to soils, concrete, and masonry in commercial and public projects
- Understanding and experience with performing Special Inspections, level and complex soil corrections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient or able to learn software used in day to day operations such as Metafield, MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, as well as other Braun Intertec (AX) and industry software (Blue Beam, Plan Grid, Procore, et al.)
- Positive attitude and leadership attributes
- Client Focused
- Responsible, hardworking, driven with ownership of their work
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-year Vocational degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering or construction management a plus.
- Require a minimum of 5 years' experience in materials testing or construction
- Understands general construction and related documents, specifications and plans, earthwork, concrete construction, utilities and road construction
- Understands safety matrices and expectations
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Possess ACI Field Level I certification and Radiation certification
- Possess ICC, DOT and other applicable certifications that compliment skills or general area of work
Braun Intertec is a Drug-Free Workplace and require all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
Braun Intertec employees are encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays.As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email email@example.com.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.