Sargent Aerospace & Defense
Purpose & Scope:
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the delivery of the intended system, and therefore will provide guidance to the product development team to confirm all expectations and requirements for the system is met. This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Proven technical leadership to drive innovative solutions
- Requirements management including deriving lower tier requirements for the system
- Working within requirements management software to capture, manage, and track deliverables and/or receivables
- Coordinate with Lead Engineers to ensure compliance to the system architecture and product development issues
- Coordinate efforts among different departments ensuring adherence to schedules
- Coordinate configuration management activities relative to identification, control, and verification in accordance with contractual requirements
- Ensure customer and internal configuration management requirements are implemented.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, and organizational skills (this role will be responsible for completing final verification and validation reports)
- Ability to investigate, diagnose and resolve complex technical problems, and communicate in clear simple terms
- Facilitate problem solving with cross functional teams to resolve product and process issues
- Provide technical support to the test department and manufacturing engineers to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Coordinate and manage the acceptance of customer product requirements
- Support design reviews and customer meetings
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics, with 5 or more years’ experience in engineering.
- Experience with MS Office tools (Excel/PowerPoint/Word/Project/Visio)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter with the ability to independently pursue information and solve problems
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of this position
This job has expired.
- Aerospace hydraulic component design including actuators and control valves
- Working knowledge of aircraft systems and the effects of hydraulic components on system operation and performance
- Experience with PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
- Understanding of manufacturing and assembly methods
- Knowledge of industry design practices to predict component reliability, working knowledge of reliability analysis, fault-tree analysis, FMEA, and durability analysis