Job ID: 224340
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Key Role Specific Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- This is a key leadership position for Oldcastle Infrastructure. This role will report to an Area General Manager and will optimize our value stream, ensuring engineering and manufacturing excellence while optimizing our value stream for our customers.
- This position typically has 3-5 direct reports (Engineering Managers and Plant Managers). Coaching and developing talent is critical to success in this role.
- In this role, you will ensure our customer demands are met or exceeded by ensuring cost effective and operationally sound manufacturing of our products.
- You will lead a team of engineers and plant managers, coaching them to collaborate effectively to reduce costs and optimize production.
- This role ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in alignment with Oldcastle operational excellence strategic objectives.
- You will be accountable to the overall engineering and operational budget and costs.
- You will pursue an area/regional model for using engineering resources.
- This role combines engineering and manufacturing functional strategies.
Main KPIs for which this role is accountable
- Development of strategy and long-term improvement plans for manufacturing plants to include automation and equipment improvements
- In-depth P&L analytical capabilities
- Freight and transportation logistics
- Capex purchasing, installations and payback tracking
- Major project management / large capex evaluation and management
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies
- Lean manufacturing
- Six SIGMA methodologies
Critical Leadership Competencies
- Strategic long term plan (5-year) by plant for automation and other equipment.
- Operational Excellence initiatives
- Manufacturing Productivity
- Controlling input (materials, etc.), labor and freight costs
- Optimizing lead times
- Man Hours/Ton; OPC management
- 20% YOY reduction of MH/T for like product lines
- Customer Service level (OTD and fill rate)
- First pass yield
- Overtime %
- 30% YOY Increase in turns per truck
- Training programs for leads implemented
- Leadership Maturity
- Leadership Communication
- Organizational Savvy
- Deliberative Decision Making
- Strategic Thinking
- Leading Change
- Strategic Talent Management
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business; Master's Degree Preferred
- 5+ years of managerial experience
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Manager, Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Operations, Management, Engineering
This job has expired.