As the External Affairs Manager, you are responsible for state and federal regulatory affairs, and maintaining relationships with state and federal government officials. This includes educating on the interests of the company, its customers and its stakeholders before various other stakeholders.
Job duties will vary upon assignment but may include:
- Plan, manage, and execute external affairs strategy by working closely with other company business units on federal, state and local issues of interest to the company.
- Remain up to date and ensure compliance on all corporate policies, rules, regulations and laws affecting the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with state and federal business stakeholders as directed.
- Educate on the interests of the company, its customers and its stakeholders before regulatory, legislative and executive bodies and other groups.
We're looking for someone who can be passionate about their job and have fun doing it, who will deliver results with integrity, and who enjoys finding ways to enhance the lives of others every day.
We'll also want to know you can demonstrate these attributes:
- Strong interpersonal communications (written and verbal) and problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, thrive in a highly cooperative work setting.
- Understanding of internet-based performance marketing.
- 3-5 years' experience in external affairs.
- 3-5 years' experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create effective presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to employ tact and diplomacy to foster business relations within and outside of the company.
- Proficient in basic computer technologies, appropriate for an internet-based company.
Veterans United Home Loans and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications.
This job has expired.