Job Posting Title
Equipment Belt TechnicianPosition Summary
Due to our growth and the long term success of our delicious cookies and snacks, we are hiring and expanding! We're agile. We're ambitious. We're collaborative. Together, we're shaping the future of the snack industry and sharing goodness in the process. Sound like the kind of career you could sink your teeth into? We'd love to have you on our team! You will be a vital part of a team providing quality products to millions of people daily.
Due to amazing growth in our Augusta Plant and nationally, we are seeking EQUIPMENT BELT TECHNICIAN to bring their talents to our expanding team. Must have ability to work across shifts and be flexible. Outstanding benefits and overtime potential.
Outstanding benefits and growth opportunities!
The primary function of the Equipment Belt Technician position is to improve the reliability of the plants conveyance systems and utilize their skills in fabrication to support the department's fabrication projects.
Responsible for the safe, efficient troubleshooting and maintenance of all vulcanized belts, replacing belts, and all fabrication. Managing a bulk product belt area on a daily basis.
- Must be able to operate all machine shop tools.
- Must be able to weld using all types of welding equipment.
- Must have a broad knowledge of mechanical principles with regard to power transmission, chains, gears, belts and related parts.
- Must be able to diagnose reasons for mechanical failures and know basic electricity principles.
- Required to install and maintain mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Provide basic maintenance services to building, including building structure.
- Ability to troubleshoot all mechanical equipment and electrical problems.
- Perform daily PM's on product conveyors and track usage and wear of vulcanized belts for replacement.
- Own the planning of replacing product belts for replacement, and training other mechanics on installation.
- Ownership of creating an in house belt shop of product belt by using bulk belting and cutting belts to order.
- Manufacturing plant environment. Must be comfortable wearing assorted personal protective equipment as required (bump cap, ear plugs, cut resistant gloves, safety glasses, hair nets, safety vests, etc.)
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, which will require being on call every other weekend to support belting issues.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and safely work from elevated work surfaces
- Physically, must be able to stand for long hours. For a complete listing of physical requirements
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- 2 years of previous experience in a manufacturing setting or a related position
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Effective communication, interpersonal, technical, problem solving, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and handle multiple priorities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Collaborate and work in a team environment
- 5 years of previous experience in a manufacturing setting or a related position
- Operational understanding of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated ability to operate machinery
- Experienced in a food manufacturing industry
- Basic computer skills
Apply to an industry leader TODAY! We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, life, STD/LTD, and tuition reimbursement.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.