Job ID: 482810
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Job Title: Environmental Intern for Quarry and Asphalt Plant
Job Summary: We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Environmental Intern to join our team at our Quarry's and Asphalt Plants. The successful candidate will work closely with our environmental management team to ensure compliance with local and federal environmental regulations and help drive sustainability initiatives. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in environmental management in the mining and construction industry.
- Working with local authorities DEP, DEM and EPA
- Attend town hall meeting to gain knowledge of Conservation, Board of Health and Planning departments.
- Assist with environmental compliance monitoring and reporting
- Obtaining permits requests for plants and air, buildings etc.
- Conduct fieldwork to collect and analyze data such as water sampling for discharges for the company and assist with data interpretation and reporting.
- Assist with the development of training and following company policies and procedures
- Help maintain and update environmental records and databases
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or related field.
- Strong interest in mining and construction industry
- Basic knowledge of environmental regulations and compliance requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
This is a fulltime internship position that requires working in an outdoor environment, including exposure to all conditions associated with Mining and Construction and varying weather conditions. The intern will also need to work in an office setting completing data analysis and other tasks deemed necessary.
If you are passionate about the mining and construction industry. Please submit your resume for consideration. What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 15, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Worcester Job Segment:
Construction, Data Analyst, Environmental Engineering, Engineer, Engineering, Data