Postal/Zip Code: 67455
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction, a part of the CRH Company, is a multi-million dollar heavy highway contractor that was established in 1874, and has multiple asphalt plants, ready mix plants, rock quarries and sand operations in Kansas. Shears is diversified with public, private and commercial work including paving, utility, dirt-grading and concrete flat work. Our valued employees produce quality work and products in a competitive market with safety first at all times. If you are seeking a rewarding career with challenging work, a variety of responsibilities, potential for advancement and looking for benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel, come join our team.
Quarry Laborer - Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then the CRH company for you! Apply for the Quarry Laborer today and jump start your career with the CRH family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
• Report any problems to your manager.
• Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project.
• Maintain cleanliness of yard or plant.
• Operate various types of equipment such as dozer, loader, skid steer, man lift, forklift, water truck, mixer truck and sweeper.
• Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
• Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used inn quarry operations.
• Will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers and others at the work site.
• When working with co-workers and others at the work site, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
• Perform servicing and maintenance of equipment as trained and directed by management.
• Perform daily pre-and post- inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA / Environmental regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
• Perform general labor duties as assigned.
• Perform maintenance on plant equipment as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
• Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
• Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
• Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
• Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• Previous related experience in construction field, specifically with heavy equipment operation is preferred.
Keywords: Laborer; Quarry; Lincoln, Kansas
What CRH Offers You