Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 21780
PURPOSE: To design, develop and evaluate welding consumables and associated processes; to conduct applied research into new areas of welding consumable design and/or on new welding processes.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Applies engineering and scientific principles in the design and execution of development projects. Assignments are broad in scope, requiring originality and ingenuity within the specific field of specialization. Typically works as part of a cross-functional team on projects of larger scope and greater complexity.
- Develops new welding consumables, welding processes, and/or test methodologies in accordance with company policies/procedures and in consideration of market needs, requiring direct interface with customers, sales and marketing industry codes, standards, and specifications, and manufacturing process capabilities, requiring direct interface with manufacturing and methods personnel.
- Establishes standards and methodologies for and conducts evaluations of product performance.
- Develops/refines test methods, as applicable, to support new product development and product evaluations.
- Facilitates development of manufacturing process capabilities to support introduction of new products.
- Typically, works with minimal direct supervision, conferring with superiors as needed. Has appreciable latitude for independent action or decision.
- May provide task oriented direction to Technicians, Technologists and/or Engineers Level 1/2 in the execution of development projects.
- Structures projects for and provides supervision and mentoring to Engineering Interns.
- Maintains records of all work in process and documents interim/final results in the applicable format. These include Project Definitions, Milestone Plans, ES Reports, Technical Reports, Project Tracking Progress Reports and presentations at meetings/seminars.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering
- Minimum 3+ years engineering experience.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of engineering and scientific principles, practices and procedures, within the field of specialization, to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MSWord, MSExcel, MSAccess and MSPowerPoint, as a minimum.
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and statistical Design of Experiments methodologies.
- Possesses and applies both practical and fundamental understanding of various arc welding processes.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Works effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Salary Full-Time Function:
Research & Development Section:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cleveland Job Segment:
This job has expired.