Global Public Safety, LLC.
Emergency Vehicle Installer
Do you love wiring cars and lighting? Have experience installing car radios, car alarms, body work and more in a fast-paced shop or related experience? We are hiring full-time emergency vehicle installers at our manufacturing facility. Primary responsibilities are installing, testing, repairing and removing 12-volt law enforcement vehicle equipment, including, but not limited light bars, flashers, sirens, radios, speakers, antennas, routers, video cameras, laptops, printers, consoles, transport partitions, K-9 cages and more. This will include working on new vehicles, upgrading existing vehicles and servicing prior installs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Install emergency equipment into law enforcement vehicles
- Remove and re-install OEM vehicle interior trim
- Install electrical wiring, connect electrical fittings, drill holes, soldering and perform all physical tasks associated with modifying vehicles for the acceptance of emergency-related equipment
- Develop wiring routes throughout the vehicle for the most efficient wiring path and enable future replacement and/or troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with equipment as necessary
- Dis-assemble and reassembly of a diverse range of vehicle makes and models, including sedans, SUVs, motorcycles, ATVs.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly tools and work area
- Continuous learning in new products, skills techniques from colleagues and manufacturers
- Assist with parts, shipping, receiving and inventory as needed
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation
- Other duties as needed or required
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience: 1 or more years of automotive wiring or related experience in a fast-paced shop preferred
- Company willing to train entry level candidates
- Skills: Must possess the drive and aptitude to work safely with tools and understand auto wiring. Self-motivated. Work well under pressure in fast-paced environment. Have a valid driver's license and safe driving record. Be able to follow directions; evaluate problems and prioritize tasks. Ability to work well in small teams.
- Preferred: Experience installing into law enforcement vehicles or emergency related vehicles
- Work inside and outside vehicles inside a shop environment
- Occasional local travel for equipment pickups, deliveries and onsite installations
- Frequent lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
- Some overtime or weekend hours may be required to fulfill time sensitive projects
- Paid holidays and personal time off
- Medical, vision and dental plans
- Life and disability insurance
- 401K plan with matching
- Tuition reimbursement plan
- Participation in company incentive plans
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record within the past 36 months, as defined by Company policy.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected factor by country, regional or local law.