We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care-with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen.
The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
- Must have more than 1yr of emergency experience
- Must have strong technical skills,ie; venipuncture, IVC placement, restraint, diagnostic imaging, in-house lab machines
- Must provide overnight coverage for all emergency cases
- Must contribute to the overnight emergency workflow support including triaging, admitting, and transferring patients.
- Must thrive in a high stress, high paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task, focus and prioritize
- Must be willing to be trained in advanced technical skills, and maintain the departments tasks lists.
- Willing to be trained and mentored by department leadership
- Willing to share ideas, thoughts and concerns with hospital leadership
- Must have strong professional communication skill
- At the end of their shift they must be able to delegate tasks to the incoming ETO team in a respectful manner and tone
- Must be proficient and experienced in Technical and Nursing knowledge.
- Must collaborate with the Management Team and the Staff to find positive and creative solutions to ensure best hospital practices
- CCU collaboration when emergency case load is limited
- $1,500 Signing bonus
Why You Should Consider Us:
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500+ doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills-and even learn some new techniques-and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
• We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts, and more!
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.
This job has expired.