Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that's why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference -and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
We are currently seeking an Email & Database Marketing Manager to own strategic and operational needs for Wilson's CRM marketing efforts. Focus areas of this role will include Email Marketing, Marketing Automation, SMS Marketing, Database Growth and Database Analytics. Most simply, we are looking for this manager to facilitate growing our subscribers lists both at the brand and sport-level, and increasing subscriber and customer lifetime value through delivery of high-quality, personalized content. This role will contribute to the success of the Ecommerce and Digital Marketing teams and play an essential role in Wilson's Family of Brands' D2C growth trajectory.
This manager will be supported by two Email & Database Marketing Specialists who will directly report to this manager. Email Marketing content and strategy decisions will be made in collaboration with product-oriented marketing teams, while technical and development projects will be supported by development teams as needed. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What We're Looking For
- Oversee Email and SMS Calendar planning and operations, supporting with strategic recommendations and in-depth analytics
- Develop and continually optimize customer retention strategies, systems, and related processes to retain, engage, and monetize Wilson audiences globally, with a heavy US emphasis
- Manage all customer communication database elements, ensuring Wilson adheres to best practice about contact strategy, deliverability, data cleanliness and mobile delivery
- Create and manage Wilson's CRM development roadmap - including brand new and iterative marketing automation journeys, as well as CRM platform improvements - coordinating with external vendors and internal development teams as needed
- Advance Wilson's "test & learn" programs by designing and implementing a testing schedule and plan including A/B testing and multivariate testing within the email / CRM plan to optimize templates, audiences and content with the goal of driving engagement and conversion KPIs
- Own all CRM analytics and reporting needs, working with external teams as necessary to identify and resolve gaps in the analytical framework and leveraging data in decision making, especially as it pertains to driving conversion and customer lifetime value improvements
- Track the performance of email, SMS and CRM KPIs against targets and communicate performance to internal stakeholders including Brand, Creative, and eCommerce Team.
- Translate business needs into CRM audiences by identifying the correct data points and filters to use for each email, SMS and CRM advertising audience needed. Audience creation may involve technical platforms and some SQL competence (leveraging development partners as needed for unique, new needs).
This role requires a Bachelor's Degree and 6-8 years digital marketing experience with at least 3 years directly in email and database management. Team leadership experience desired. Past experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud is highly preferred. Experience with Bluecore, Wunderkind and Adobe Analytics is also helpful.
Other qualifications include:
What We'll Provide
- Strong comfortability when faced with the unknown. This person is a problem solver and is comfortable speaking to technical situations.
- Highly proficient in data analysis including Excel, SQL and web analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, along with the ability to place yourself in the customer's shoes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to juggle multiple timelines for yourself and your team
- Experience with HTML/CSS and email personalization coding through AMPscript is a significant plus.
- Ability to understand and integrate feedback coming from many different internal partners with diverse viewpoints and opinions
- Ability to take initiative and present new ideas from a data-informed and consumer-driven perspective
- Familiarity with Ecommerce, sporting goods or athleisure-industries preferred
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
- On-site health club
- Summer hours
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
- Fun, active company outings around major sports events
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.