Knowledgeable of electronic components, design tools, test equipment and its use, and processes used in electronic assemblies and their production and test.
Excellent soldering skills
IPC-610-A, IPC-7711/7721, IPC-J-STD certifications.
Firmware experience, including embedded Linux is a strong plus.
Experience with commercial RF systems and communications protocols: WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, etc.
Competence with basic machine tools: band saw, drill press, milling machine, a plus.
Operation of benchtop reflow oven.
Programming and operation of benchtop pick-and- place system.
Job Responsibilities: Engineering support activities associated with electronic product design and development. Work performed under the guidance and supervision of Project Manager or Sr. Engineer. Able to implement methods to modify, package, assemble, or perform required testing of electronic or mechanical assemblies which may be engineering models, prototypes, or production level.
Specific duties include:
Desired Personality Traits:
- Component Research
- Schematic capture, BOM generation
- Procurement of parts, boards, and other equipment to support AVID projects
- Circuit board assembly: SMT and through-hole, and testing
- Test fixture fabrication
- Electromechanical assembly
- System testing
- Wire harness fabrication and installation
- Project and Test Documentation
- General Lab support (organization, infrastructure, capital equipment, tools, shipping and receiving)
- General Company support (infrastructure, company activity planning and support)
Intelligent, innovative, eager to learn, resourceful, confident, with a positive attitude and a willingness to be challenged and grow with opportunity, and take responsibility for results.
Ability to work collaboratively with design engineers, CAD designers, technicians and assemblers.Work Experience:
Education and Certification(s):
- Typically requires a minimum of five years of related experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 year electronics degree or equivalent formal training and experience highly preferred
- 3+ years minimum experience in an electronic design or manufacturing environment highly preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
This job has expired.