Sonoco Metal Packaging is seeking an Electrical Technician passionate about electrical controls and automation for our high-speed, automated manufacturing plant.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts plus overtime
Shift: Afternoon Shift (3:00-11:30pm)
Primary Purpose of Position:
Install and maintain high-speed, industrial process equipment for can, end making, coat/coil and/or lithography services: power, lighting, control and logic circuits for all production process and support equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Install all electrical segments in such equipment as gas mixers, burners, de-ionized water units, air compressors, plant air circulation systems, cooling and heating units, ultra sonic cleaners, waxers and plant lighting.
- Troubleshoot, adjust and repairs all electrical equipment, solid state circuits, circuit boards, components, logic boards, transducers, amplifiers, and complex timing and inspection devices.
- Perform preventative maintenance on assigned electrical systems and equipment.
- Identify inefficiencies and potential electrical problems and coordinate through supervisor to resolve.
- Program logic controls (PLC) for proper equipment operation.
- May assist in the design, experimentation, and/or installation of all new plant equipment or electrical production procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Assure and maintain safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options that include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- A variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement plan
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through Associate's Degree or through equivalent electronics work experience.
- Job related experience for 3-5 year(s) minimum.
- Experienced with PLC programming & troubleshooting, HMI and industrial electrical networking.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: all assigned equipment, bulpameter, solid state circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, transmission systems, interface units, AC/DC motors, high-voltage motors, wiring diagrams and schematics, Signode strapper, video jet, Allen Bradley and Siemen's PLC's, computers, and inspection and digital devices.
- Knowledge of hazardous material handling, working in confined spaces and other safety practices, and basic knowledge of national electrical code (NEC).
- Thorough understanding of the operating principles of all assigned equipment, i.e., electrical test equipment, hand tools, etc. and the ability to use logic to troubleshoot equipment.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- May require working with or near energized 480 VAC circuits.
- Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time.
- Possess own tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
This job has expired.