This role is responsible for managing the Electrical Service Department and Electronics Technicians at AIS in Marion, IN. The position serves as a point of contact for electrical support and service for Ardagh Glass Packing facilities in the US. This person is responsible for ensuring relevant machine electronics information is communicated to all stakeholders in the support and manufacturing processes. The role has primary supervisory responsibility for the electronics support staff including, but not limited to: operations support, project planning, and skills development.
- Manages IS machine relevant project scope development and implementation
- Manage quote and requests for both parts and service.
- Manage the Electrical department personnel, plant support needs and related activities
- Encourage and oversee training and development of Electronics Technicians; ensure high level of skill and relevant knowledge
- Coordinate with others for appropriate electronic parts inventory for use in Ardagh manufacturing plants
- Coordinate with AIS and Corporate Staff for field service work with respect to project and emergency work
- Manage UL508A standards certification program
- Plan and implement department strategies for cost control and reduction
- Support project scope development activities
- Managerial responsibilities for Electronics Techs in the department
- Develop and coordinate electronic technician schedules and timetables to meet planned and emergency workload requirements
- Assign projects to electrical technicians
- Maintain a department activity report
About Ardagh Group
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (or E.E. Technology) or 5 years relevant experience in electronics controls, troubleshooting activities and/or management with strong manufacturing and management background
- Electrical trade skill is a plus
- Must understand electronic control architecture to include reading blueprints, logic development and troubleshooting.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical codes, regulations and laws relevant to controls, maintenance, fabrication, and design
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills, detail oriented
- able to identify problems and make recommendations for resolution.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong computer skills and possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- CAD skills are required. AutoCAD use is a plus
- Software experience in MAS, SAP is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of I.S. Machine function and operation is a plus.
- Work within or exposure to union environments is a plus.
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
• Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
• Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
• Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you'll enjoy the journey!
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.