Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for providing electrical expertise for plant support and coordination of projects for the manufacturing plant in safety, problem resolution, process optimization, preventive/predictive maintenance, quality, and efficiency improvements.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Improves plant and equipment reliability through projects to install up-to-date technologies and control techniques.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, and formulas.
- Investigates and prepares capital project level cost estimates.
- Provides project team leadership for assigned projects. Evaluates projects and makes decisions based upon sound business principles that contribute to safety, quality, reliability, and profitability. Determines multi-discipline engineering needs and coordinates completion of projects.
- Sets up monitoring programs for key plant operational systems (electrical, mechanical, machining, etc.) and equipment and utilizes statistical methods to recommend actions and frequency for corrective/preventative/predictive maintenance programs.
- Communicates process improvements by preparing training materials for operators, maintainers, technicians, supervisors, and managers.
- Maintains all plant electrical documentation, prints, schematics, manuals, and backup programs
- Carries out continuous improvement initiatives to achieve short and long term manufacturing goals.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, and obtaining technical certifications.
- Maintains technical liaison with suppliers.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace including the completion of scheduled training sessions.
- Understands and responds effectively to Emergency Commander directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
At Sonoco, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Electrical Engineering degree required
- Broad training in other engineering fields usually acquired through university or graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Electrical controls such as PLC's, drives, motors, HMI's and communication switches
- Electrical power distribution
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
This job has expired.