In this position, you will be working with colleagues to define and develop the next generation of electronic systems for The Toro Company's products in the areas of electrification, automation, connectivity and control. As part of the Toro Robotics Colorado team, this individual will contribute to industry-leading innovation and the development of technology that benefits both customers and the environment. This role will involve development of new electronic platforms and robotic control systems for the purposes of developing products that safely perform various outdoor tasks autonomously.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports and/or leads electrical design activities for next generation products, in the area of digital, analog and RF electronics.
- Design, constructs, and tests working prototypes of electrical products or systems adhering to the requirement of the product specifications and customer requirements.
- Assist product management in definition and specification of new products and features. Participates in / supports new product innovation, concept and idea development activities.
- Applies electrical/electronics engineering principles and techniques to design, develop, document, verify, support, and troubleshoot hardware.
- Works closely with Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, and Software Engineering teams in product design and implementation.
- Designs to applicable regulatory standards e.g., IEC, C.S.A., U.L., and/or other applicable safety, industry or Toro standards. Works with the appropriate agencies to provide certification within project timeline.
- Performs engineering analysis to predict the behavior and failure modes of the proposed designs. Analysis tools may include model based analysis or electronic simulation programs.
- Responsible for drawing package, bill of materials and product specification.
- Works with test engineer(s) and technicians to develop tests, which simulate the requirements of the customer. Evaluates test data and develops design revisions to solve problems. Works with Manufacturing, Test, Quality Control to ensure proper testing of components or assemblies in production where necessary.
- Applies the "Total Quality" principles in the daily performance of the job.
- Located at The Toro Company's Colorado development center in Longmont, Colorado.
- Working with others in teams to accomplish goals, including collaboration with divisional product development teams and other members of the corporate Research & Development team, including electrical, mechanical and robotics engineers.
- Role will include task and/or project leadership.
- Limited travel, up to 10% of the time, to test sites, customer locations, supplier/partner facilities, manufacturing facilities, and other locations as required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in electrical circuit design of products comprising power, digital, analog and RF circuits
- Experience with PCB schematic capture and PCB layout tools such as Cadence Orcad/PCB Editor (preferred), Altium Designer, or Mentor DxDesigner
- Experience with PCB simulation tools such as SPICE and Hyperlynx SI / Power
- Embedded software experience in C/C++ and verilog/VHDL a plus
- Strong electrical debugging/troubleshooting ability (PCB to system level)
- Ability to perform PCB soldering and rework of SMD components
- Experience working with PCB / PCB assembly suppliers
- Cable and electronic assembly experience
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering theories, concepts and principles to achieve technical specifications and objectives, complete assignments and projects within schedule, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to create and analyze component or complete product designs with individual initiative.
- Must be able to direct the work of drafters, designers and technicians.
- Must be able to work directly with vendors, contract resources, and internal and external experts in design process.
- Must be able to design and follow electrical products through IEC, C.S.A., UL, and other applicable safety, industry or Toro internal standards certifications.
- Robotics experience, GPS/Cellular/Radar experience, FCC/CE/EMI certification testing
Base salary ranges from $90,800-136,100
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.