Established as one of the premier insurance agencies in the USA, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is meeting the needs of mid-sized businesses across the country. MMA's services are targeted to customers who seek professional advice and have complex needs, limited resources and desire to work with professionals that have experience, resources and expertise relevant to their industry.
MMA provides global risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, alternative risk financing, and program management services for businesses, public entities, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients (high net worth). We offer specialized solutions and services covering a wide spectrum of business needs and exposures. Our goal is to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
The Compliance Manager provides guidance and support to clients and employees. He or she has a solid understanding of compliance-related topics and monitors legislative changes specific to ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, IRS and DOL regulations that may affect our clients. The Compliance Specialist acts as the first point of contact for these services. This role helps clients Minimize Risk and Maximize Health as they comply with the Federal and state regulations that govern their employee benefits plans.
Execution of Client Service
- Assists the VP, Benefits Compliance to create strategies and processes around the delivery of compliance related services to internal team and clients
- Keeps management and team informed of clients' needs and expectations in the outlined areas of benefits compliance
- Develops and reviews legislative updates, specific to focus area
- Establishes and maintains a compliance database with relevant resources for the team
- Serves as compliance liaison for clients relative to specific questions, alerts and legislative updates
- Leads compliance reviews for clients/prospects and coordinate with ERISA and employment law attorneys as needed Conducts internal and external training on specific compliance-related topics
- Completes client projects in the areas of benefit compliance
- Maintains agency systems with compliance templates and process updates
- Monitor and assist with contract creation, revisions, and tracking
- Works with Producer and/or Account Executives, service team and other internal departments to plan, execute and track customized service strategy for each client, designed to create value and efficiencies in their businesses
- Advises service plan and other specific deliverables designed to support clients in making decisions about insurance programs
- Builds personalized client relationships through demonstrated ownership of the service plan and multiple channels of communication such as phone, email and in-person meetings
- Leverages insurance knowledge and communication skills to explain coverage terms, program options and other items to clients as needed
- Works with internal departments to ensure cohesiveness and timeliness of service execution, and creates report of service plan execution through commitment report
- Manages time effectively to prioritize workload, and service parameters on business processes
- Provides feedback and shares information at team meetings
- Participates in ongoing scheduled meetings with service team to discuss accounts, renewals, service needs, service platform, etc.
- Develops successful working relationships with Producers, Account Executives, Account Managers, service team members, managers, carriers and members of other departments
- Communicates effectively with Vice President, Benefits Compliance and provides timely complete information to allow them to effectively manage service execution
These job tasks are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform these essential functions.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 3+ years of experience in a compliance role focused on employee health and benefits
- JD preferred
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
- Working knowledge and understanding of employee benefits, HIPAA, ACA, ERISA, IRS and DOL regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.