Posted in Sales
The Residential Driver will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously providing waste removal services to customers. The driver will collect solid waste or recyclables on curbside and/or backdoor routes and transporting to post-collection facilities.
• Operate a residential / recycling collection, side-load and/or rear-load truck, ancillary equipment and hydraulic system to collect solid waste and/or recyclables on specified collection route.
• Load solid waste, yard waste and/or recyclables into the rear or side of waste collection vehicle.
• Operate equipment on truck to compact trash into vehicle.
• Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
• Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
• Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
• Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
• Follow all safety standards and equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state/provincial, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
• Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
• Identify, and tag prohibited waste items and remove the items from the waste cart or can.
• Manage assigned Helper(s) if applicable.
• Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
• Ensure that all required personal protective equipment be worn at all times (i.e., gloves, reflective vest, safety glasses, work boots, etc.)
• Report all accidents or incidents to supervisor(s) immediately
• Exhibit a professional demeanor, manner and appearance at all times (i.e., meeting customers and/or the general public while on route or in uniform.)
• Maintain accurate records of services performed.
• Maintain inventory of all container and residential carts and spare parts available and recommend purchase of additional containers, carts and spare parts to supervisor.
• Work closely with supervisor to improve routing efficiencies.
• May be required to work overtime
• Attend safety and branch meetings.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
• Must possess a Commerical Driver's License
• Minimum one (1) years of commercial driving experience OR CDL school certificate
• Must be able to meet relevant criteria for safety sensitive functions according to Company standards
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely drive the truck and operate the equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the truck and its components and the basic maintenance Requirements: for safe operation
• Ability to control operations of equipment; maneuvering truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back distances of approximately 120 feet or more
• Ability to recognize unacceptable waste (such as gasoline or other flammable materials)
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend associated documents and maps
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Flexibility to accept and adapt to change as well as the commitment to seek continuous improvement
• Ability to exert muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects up to 50 pounds repetitively using proper lifting techniques
• Ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example: two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting or standing
• Ability to follow all company safety policies and procedures
• Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, and smell.
• Visual Requirements: include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus due to the constant maneuvering of vehicle in tight and high traffic areas.
• Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
• Sitting may be required up to 75% of the time due to the primary function of driving.
• Ability to work in usually loud conditions.
• Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, rainy/stormy, extreme hot and cold weather conditions (depending on season), moving mechanical parts, vibration, toxic and caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles
• Work in outdoor environment up to 100% of the time.
• Works route away from branch location on a continuous basis throughout the day.
• Occasionally work in high precarious places.
• Work in motor vehicle traffic conditions constantly.
• Work environment is usually loud.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Raleigh, North Carolina
Posted about 1 hour ago
Port Arthur, Texas
Posted about 1 hour ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our