Expected Travel: Up to 10%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Functions - The Corporate division is the central operating unit of the company; setting strategy and policy and providing business development, finance, human resources, information technology, investor relations and legal support to the businesses. The global Company headquarters is located just outside of Philadelphia in Wayne, PA. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
Teleflex is a global provider of medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose-driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference.
Teleflex has an opportunity within its in-house legal department for a highly motivated, experienced commercial attorney to join the organization as division counsel. This position will be located at Teleflex's corporate headquarters in Wayne, PA.
The division counsel will be responsible for providing timely and effective legal support regarding contractual, regulatory and risk management matters to the company's OEM and Surgical business units:
Education / Experience Requirements
- Engages closely with business decision-making and strategic planning, and supports implementation of strategy.
- Provides legal advice to OEM and Surgical management teams on a variety of commercial and corporate matters, including contracts, healthcare laws and regulations, and employment matters.
- Interfaces with and manages outside counsel.
- Monitors and advises on emerging legal and regulatory trends affecting the business.
- Reviews marketing and promotional materials for compliance with legal, regulatory and ethical standards.
- Reviews and negotiates contracts and other legal instruments involving the company.
- Interprets contracts, laws, rulings and regulations, and clearly and effectively explains complex issues to OEM and Surgical management teams.
- Anticipates potential legal issues and develops strategies to reduce risk and manage legal disputes.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Minimum 6 yearsof experience in a top law firm or in-house legal department focusing in contract law, regulatory compliance and hands-on legal counsel to organization leadership.
- Experience providing legal advice to large corporate organizations, and experience in OEM contracting and with fraud-and-abuse, anti-kickback and FDA laws and regulations applicable to medical device companies are strongly preferred.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Pennsylvania Bar License, or ability to obtain Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to make recommendations and exercise judgment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to independently manage significant number of matters, appropriately prioritize workload, and plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional image at all times.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
This job has expired.