Heico has a history of success. Since its founding over 40 years ago The Heico Companies has grown from a single business to over 78 separate companies through a strategic acquisition policy, and by reinvesting its earnings into internal growth and new prospects. Historically talented at restoring distressed companies, Heico strategically targets acquisitions that will complement its ever-growing portfolio of companies in manufacturing, construction, and industrial services.
These four core operations are organized into groups: Applied Solutions Group, Construction Solutions Group, Industrial Technologies Group, and Metal Processing Group. Once acquired, new Heico companies are assigned to a group and run on a stand-alone basis, allowing for great independence as well as the opportunity to share knowledge about markets, production processes, and management practices across other Heico groups and companies.
Heico continues to seek out new opportunities and maintain its standard of success. The Heico Companies has remained a privately held company since its creation and maintains a majority ownership in each of its operations, which generates more than $3.3 billion dollars in revenues. Many of our businesses are certified Woman-owned Business Enterprises (WBE).
More information about the overall organization can be found at www.heicocompanies.com.
This individual will be both a manager and an individual contributor in a growing, high-profile division of The Heico Companies.
Manages and leads sales and marketing activities to meet or exceed revenue and profit plans and drive profitable, sustainable growth. In the standard product sector, this individual will provide strategic leadership and hands-on product management guidance to continuously strengthen Davies's value proposition and position Davies standard product offering for growth and vibrancy. This may include the development of new products, updated designs, and optimizing sales channels. In the custom molding sector, this individual will lead a small but growing team of Business Development Managers, Program Managers, and Reps to protect existing business and drive growth with customers where Davies's capabilities are highly valued. Promotes our Women Owned Business designation to prospects who value this designation. Assists with acquisitions to accelerate growth and add strategic capabilities. As an individual contributor, this person will have direct involvement and be a relationship manager in a small number (1-3) of critical, large OEM customers.
Strategy and Culture
- Thrives in decentralized organizations where individuals enjoy reasonable autonomy in their work and are accountable for the results of the team. Low ego. Shares credit. Servant leader attitude.
- Consistently applies 80/20 thinking to focus effort and drive positive outcomes. Teaches, mentors, and models 80/20 broadly to establish a culture of 80/20. Strong continuous improvement mindset, consistent with lean techniques.
- Leads the development of compelling and cohesive growth strategies. Identifies attractive market segments and customers. Develops plans to create differentiation and improve the Davies value proposition. Recognizes relevant trends and understands how to capitalize on them. Assists in the development of digital and social media programs which have good ROI and truly support growth.
- Drive innovation in product development, sales, and marketing with a strong emphasis on Voice of Customer. Look for opportunities to acquire, license, or develop new captive product lines.
- Manage day-to-day performance of all direct reports and ensure that reps and distributors are properly managed as well. Administer and monitor the results of the commercial team to ensure alignment with the Davies' revenue/profit goals.
- Understand market dynamics and lead annual price increase efforts
- Continuously improve sales and marketing staff.
- Hire, coordinate and oversee the training of representatives to ensure their success.
- Administer quota and revenue goals for each direct report.
- Coach direct reports, deliver feedback, and administer reviews on a timely basis.
- Conduct internal and external/sales meetings with the goals of improving communication, revenue, and profit.
- Develop and implement a process to manage new business opportunities.
- Propose new product introductions in current and adjacent markets.
- Lead the improvement of lead generation and monitoring progress.
- Provide leadership and support for the development of marketing materials, advertising programs, and COOP marketing, while providing input on social media, public relations, and content marketing strategies.
- Recruit and develop talent and provide growth opportunities for team members commensurate with their potential. Create an effective team that grows as the business grows. Assist in the creation of annual personal objectives for all direct reports.
- Track relevant commercial metrics and use data to track performance versus established financial goals.
- Collaborate with direct reports to continuously expand the sales funnel.
- Prepare for implementation of D365 and associated CRM (2024)
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management to continuously improve product offerings and
- Provide and/or facilitate ongoing product or process training and competitive analysis.
- Engage in the cooperation and collaboration of staff at all levels of the organization to achieve company goals.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Qualifications (This area should address academic training, years of experience, certifications, specialized skills/abilities, essential job functions, and essential personal skills/traits)
College Degree/MBA preferred.
This job has expired.
- 5+ years sales and marketing management experience.
- 10+ years total sales and marketing experience in industrial B2B environments
- Experience selling and marketing medium to high-volume industrial mechanical components a must
- Experience selling both custom and captive (catalog) product lines
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
- Understands "selling value"; May have exposure to Value-Based Pricing
- Proficiency with CRM systems, Excel, Word, Outlook, social media, and other applications.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Plastics Industry experience in both proprietary products and contract molding.
- Positive and enthusiastic; demonstrate solid respect for all staff and customers.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a cooperative manner leading toward company goals.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial instincts and success in developing new products and integrating acquisitions.
- Strong commitment to developing team members and supporting their successes.