Location:Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Reporting to the Vice-President of Organizational Learning and Effectiveness, the Director of Strategic Workforce Planning & Development will lead, direct, develop, implement and maintain the strategic workforce development efforts of the Johns Hopkins Health System through strategic planning and programming that impact the Institutions' incumbent employee population, and the community adult & youth populations where business is conducted. The Executive Director is responsible for: creating defined pathways and services for employees to help develop their skills to grow and pursue other professional opportunities across the JHHS; identifying and addressing needed services that may be missing; establishing a marketing protocol, so department managers and employees at each JHHS entity are aware of the services available to them; developing a process for anticipating occupational and entry-level workforce development needs; building strong community partnerships that guide community residents and other individuals to productive careers at JHHS; supporting youth (high school) and college internships; managing the Youth program that provides exposure to careers within the healthcare industry and post-secondary medical/healthcare education as well as work closely with talent acquisition to help identify talent to join JHH. The position focuses on program & operational leadership and management, building external relationships, knowledge management, and resource development.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Education, Business, Health Care Administration, Human Resources, Public Relations, or related field. Master's preferred.
- At least 10 years of post-graduate experience in Strategic Workforce Development, Talent Management, Human Resources, Community Outreach and/or other related work. Five years experience successfully leading high performing teams to include project management with at least 5 years in a leadership/management role.
- Expert level of proficiency in workforce development, human resources, health care administration, community/non-profit/education partnerships, acquired through five or more years' experience.
- Requires verbal, quantitative and interpersonal skills necessary to gather and analyze data, prepare related reports and explain and interpret Hospital policies at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree. Master's degree is highly preferred.
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to successfully manage timelines, milestones, and critical paths with minimal supervision.
- Strong influencing and consultation skills to be able to gather and analyze required business information to obtain buy in and/or approval from all levels of staff and management. Must have a superior relatively high level of analytical ability to analyze organizational structures, evaluate programs for impact and effectiveness, and identify problem areas.
- Ability to think creatively strategically, synthesize/analyze information, and implement solutions, exercise flexibility and sound judgment.
- Superior interpersonal skills; excellent presentation skills, group facilitation, and oral and written communication skills to provide coaching, development and training to a diverse population.
- Communicates effectively with senior level leaders, administrators and directors.
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/director-of-workforce-planning-development-johns-hopkins-health-system-leadership-us-md-baltimore-johns-hop-618154-0bf95/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.