Director of Student Accounts
The Director of Student Accounts leads the strategy of all operations for the collection of tuition and institutional accounts receivable. The College is looking for a strong leader capable of effecting cultural change in the management of the department in an increasingly complex higher education landscape.
The Director will work in collaborative partnerships with leaders across campus, including Financial Aid, Registrar, and Enrollment for both traditional and online students to develop and implement strategies while ensuring prompt billing and timely collection of tuition and fees. This role provides leadership in the delivery of exceptional customer service to all students and customers while ensuring compliance with federal, state regulations, institutional policies and standard accounting procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Master's Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related financial experience in a College or University setting, working in a bursar's office in account receivable management with knowledge and understanding of federal cash management regulations, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Minimum of 5-8 years in supervising, coaching, and developing staff.
- Demonstrated experience, talent, and skills in advancing a highly complex student accounts/bursar team to create a culture of innovation, nimbleness and change.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders in an effort to create partnerships, collaborations, and opportunities to bend the cost curve of higher education.
- Proven experience, commitment and knowledge in the use of technology to streamline processes, improve accuracy, and increase efficiency.
- Experience with integrated financial systems, including Ellucian and Oracle as well as with third-party software such as TouchNet and Flywire. Ability to identify problems and troubleshoot system processes.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Desire and ability to produce and use data for key institutional decisions.
- Exceptional relationship building, customer service and communication skills are necessary to present ideas and concepts in verbal, written or presentation format. Consultative, negotiation and facilitation skills are needed to gain consensus.
- Must be able to keep organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle sensitive situations.
- Develop, lead, and coach a team responsible for all facets of the daily operations of the accounts receivable function for student accounts ensuring compliance with various state and local regulations. This includes but is not limited to Title IV regulations, tax regulations, and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations such as the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
- Knowledge of General Accounting Principles
- Collaborate with various stakeholders. and at times provide expertise and leadership.
- Possess knowledge of fiscal controls related to safeguarding of institutional funds.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching, or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity, and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:https://www.champlain.edu/privacy/eu-employee-data-protection-noticeTo apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=159823&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.