Vertex is seeking a unique individual who can play a role at the intersection of science, data and technology to enable life changing impacts to people's lives. We seek a leader who can work with our business and scientific strategists to realize an enterprise architecture that matches our high ambitions.
This includes assessing existing and emerging technologies, working with business stakeholders to define strategic outcomes, and building architecture roadmaps to achieve strategic outcomes.
This position leads Enterprise Architecture for three critical functions: Commercial, Manufacturing and General & Administrative. The successful candidate must have deep experience in at least one of these functions. While the focus will be on these functions, the successful candidate will ensure that architectural plans and solutions in these areas align with an overall enterprise business and technology strategy.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Head of Enterprise Architecture the position is part of a new, small and growing Enterprise Architecture Team. Because this is a new, small and growing team, improving Enterprise Architecture capabilities will be a key responsibility of this role.
Accountability & responsibility:
- Drive technology strategy and influence business stakeholders on strategic product direction
- Create/define enterprise architecture, technology roadmaps and ensure business and IT alignment.
- Define/manage/drive all things (IT) architecture - tools, frameworks, standards, processes, implementation and governance.
- Work with business and IT stakeholders on strategic business and IT initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a current/future state architecture that achieves business goals in a customer-focused manner.
- Lead diverse, multidisciplinary teams of systems, cloud, solution and application architects
- Leading architecture reviews of technology initiatives
- Lead team through application rationalization
- Develop in-depth knowledge of strategic, tactical and operational business requirements
- Ability to conceptualize and develop alternative solution approaches, articulating the benefits and tradeoffs of each solution
- Evolve Enterprise Architecture capabilities
- Investigate and understand industry trends and emerging technologies, and plan for adoption where appropriate
- Proven track record in consistent and timely delivery of high-quality products and services within budget
- Demonstrate leadership and influence skills across organizational levels and functions
- Proven track record leading highly effective teams in strategic planning, enterprise and systems architectures and design/development of strategic business solutions
Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of current digital trends, disruptive forces, and modern technology concepts and expertise in cloud architectures and concepts
- 10+ years senior leadership experience, in a large, global pharmaceutical organization architecting and designing technology solutions in an innovative and realistic manner that focuses on delivery
- Ability to balance high-level identification of innovation opportunities with oversight of technical development processes
- Demonstrated technical and business aptitude that allows you to understand, translate, and guide discussions and decisions at a strategic enterprise level as well as at a detailed execution level
- Demonstrated ability for development of global strategic plans including analysis, strategic priorities, capabilities and multi-year plans with supporting operating plans.
- Ability to translate complex business strategies and needs into strategic priorities that leverage industry trends and emerging technologies while integrating existing architectures, platforms and data.
- Ability to consolidate complex existing environmental descriptions into an existing Architecture for a current state architecture and the development of an ongoing future state Architecture.
- Proven track record re-platforming highly-complex and large scale legacy systems for global customers.
- Experience in leading development of Micro services and containerized application (Docker images or Kubernetes) with expertise in distributed cache and load balancing.
- Experience with SOA, design patterns, web services technologies, APIs, Applications, Application Ecosystem, and Micro API's.
- Experience in architecting solutions with information security built-in and that account for and incorporate relevant security governance in the ongoing lifecycle of design and engineering
- Must have relevant cloud experience and assist in the transition to a "cloud-first" and cloud-platform direction for the company products
- Must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related technology degree
- Masters in Business or Masters in Technology preferred
This job has expired.