Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
The Director of Communications is a key member of the communications team, responsible for shaping institutional messaging and developing wide-ranging efforts to inform and engage The WNET Group's employee, trustee and funder base, as well as creating strategic communication plans and supporting infrastructure to advance The WNET Group's business objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
• Responsible for building The WNET Group employee brand with a variety of internal and external engagement strategies, models and programs; creates and acts on effective feedback mechanisms;
• Create and implement new approaches to effectively use every available communications channel and resource, including innovative new approaches to technology;
• Assist with crisis communications
• Manage and author content for Annual Report and Intranet newsletter, Senior Leader talking points, Vision/Values messaging and Employee Engagement /Meeting communications (i.e. All Stations meeting);
• Responsible for the organization's station and corporate websites;
• Establish and/or refine relevant communications tools, templates/boilerplate, processes, guidelines, and calendars to effectively manage workflow;
• Build partnerships with internal stakeholders at every level of the organization;
• Ensure consistently high standards of enterprise-wide communications while demonstrating sensitivity to the employee experience across a large and diverse population of employees;
• Maintain a strong emphasis on Human Resources related communications;
• Collaborate with senior leaders and supervisors while assuming responsibility for owning projects and delivering results;
• Individually create and build buy-in for project-specific and strategic communications plans, as well as supporting messages, timelines, and content. This includes an organizational editorial calendar
• Additional duties, as assigned.
• A minimum of ten (10) years' in a communications/PR role with progressive experience, including three (3) years managing people;
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategic, creative, and results-oriented communications across digital and traditional media;
• Knowledge of and contacts in the local and national press;
• Ability to build relationships across the organization including C-level executives;
• Outstanding writing skills, including the ability to author large volumes of original written content, edit content received from others and handle quality-control and proof-reading;
• Outstanding verbal communications (both an articulate speaker and active, nuanced listener) with the ability to adapt to diverse audiences and effectively engage at the executive level.
• Knowledge of public media a plus.
Candidates with BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations or equivalent and knowledge of business and human resource products, trends and issues are preferred.
The WNET Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.
Sign in to subscribe to job alerts