At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
The Head of the Office of the TISO (Technology and Information Security Oversight) is a high-visibility strategic partner and thought leader that leads the coordination and strategic alignment of diverse TISO initiatives to provide oversight over Technology, Security and Data domains supporting key Business Functions. This position requires building trusted partnership with First Line of Defenses (FLOD) in collaboration with Third Line of Defense (Audit) to develop clear mechanisms to provide risk transparency at the enterprise level. The role is responsible for the day-to-day management and business operations of TISO organization, including management of budget, staffing, and operating procedures. This role serves as an authority to ensure strong technology and security policy management practices, evaluate policy compliance using existing mechanisms and establish standards for risk reporting at various level in the organization.
Technology and Information Security Oversight (TISO) is responsible for providing Second Line of Defense (SLOD) oversight function over Technology, Data and Security. The team provides risk visibility with risk trending and risk analysis to effectively challenge the capability provided by First Line of Defense (FLOD) organization. All risk disciplines ensure PayPal meets its regulatory and business objectives.
The Head of the Office of the TISO (Technology and Information Security Oversight) is a high-visibility strategic partner and thought leader that leads the coordination and strategic alignment of diverse TISO initiatives to provide oversight over Technology, Security and Data domains supporting key Business Functions. This position requires building trusted partnership with First Line of Defenses (FLOD) in collaboration with Third Line of Defense (Audit) to develop clear mechanisms to provide risk transparency at the enterprise level. The role is responsible for the day-to-day management and business operations of TISO organization, including management of budget, staffing, and operating procedures. This role serves as an authority to ensure strong technology and security policy management practices, evaluate policy compliance using existing mechanisms and establish standards for risk reporting at various level in the organization. Person in this role will:
- Lead a team of 5-8 risk management professionals.
- Improve the efficiency of policy creation, policy compliance, risk reporting and communication at various levels in the organization
- Working closely with leaders in the team to lead employee engagement, contract / vendor management and the overall budget for the team
- Excellent communication skills to bridge communication between various regional entities
- Enable a risk -based prioritization approach for regular leadership level reporting, Drive a repeatable reporting and trending for business and technology executives
- Be the owner of all reporting produced by TISO organization for consistency, efficiency and accuracy
- Coordinate communication with the various local entities to address policy variations with a single policy document
- Support Shaping the organization's vision, 3-5 year plans, OKRs, and other far-reaching strategy documents. At the most basic level, that means working with other leaders to establish, document, and communicate planning materials and drive the execution rhythm for teams to make progress against those strategic goals throughout the cycle.
- Problem and conflict resolution through collaboration; with commitment for fact-based risk analysis
- Represent TISO at various forums and leadership engagements
- Streamline TISO organizational process to reduce overlapping efforts and improve communication among the various team members
- Build sustaining relationships based on trust and mutual respect
- Actively manage expectations between the incumbent, their peers, and the broader universe of stakeholders to avoid "surprises" by creating a sense of agency and involvement early on and at regular intervals.
- Willingness to contribute ideas and learn from others on the team.
- Experience preferred in financial services, insurance, security and technology industries, preferably in dynamic and fast changing environments.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with deep understanding of how to develop relevant metrics that not only track activity but also quantify the impact of security initiatives on the financial performance of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and conflicting priorities.
- BS/BA degree required
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC are preferred
- 15+ years in experience working in Technology and/or security risk management with 5 years on leadership experience in senior leader role.
- 5+ years on experience in driving risk management function for technology and/or cybersecurity
- On-going partnership with senior level external clients and internal leadership both.
- Have served as a direct interface with regulatory agencies and external Audit partners
- A strong balance of strategic and analytic acumen, with a high level of intellectual agility and capacity for original and innovative thoughts.
- Ability to work in a cross functional/matrix environment with proven track record of delivery, through strong negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Additional Job Description:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.