Human Resources Director
Starting salary: $90,000/yr
Quality Electrical Distribution (QED) is one of the top 50 wholesalers of electrical supplies in the United States. Operating more than 12 branches in Arizona, Colorado and Nevada, we employ close to 300 associates. At QED, we embrace what makes us unique and thrive on the diversity of our associates. We have local roots and global reach that present many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations.
QED is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution with global leadership in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial, and safety products, services and solutions.
The HR Director is responsible for working with the team to understand the business strategy and to identify opportunities to increase organizational effectiveness and productivity. The HR Director is responsible for developing and executing human capital strategies and activities that enable growth, innovation and overall organizational effectiveness. Additionally, the HR Director drives corporate led initiatives with the team and communicates how these programs fit in with the overall business and HR strategy.
The focal point for the role is the QED business segment, with nearly 300 employees, numerous locations and partnering with the President of QED as part of the leadership team. Additionally, key partners will include SVP of Shared Services and VP of Finance. This role reports directly to the President of QED. Minimum annual salary for this position will be $90,000.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate at the executive level, collaborate across boundaries and geographies while working with colleagues across the business and the HR team.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Partners with Talent Acquisition team to support the drive for top talent while implementing best practices for Compensation, Organizational Development, and Change Management.
- Conducts and/or facilitates training on HR-related topics such as performance management, leadership, interviewing, HR policies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years strategic HR Generalist or Business Partner experience
- Proficient MS Office & Excel skills
- A working knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Presentation skills
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and work independently in responding to day-to-day functional needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information to all levels of management
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures used in collecting analyzing, interpreting and reporting data
This job has expired.
- Master’s Degree (MBA)
- 8+ years HR experience
- Experience providing HR consultation and partnership to business unit executives and senior leaders
- Strong business acumen, HR and Organization Development expertise with proficiency in multiple disciplines within HR.