Motiva Enterprise LLC., our key asset is our people. We have over 2,500 dedicated employees who allow us to fulfill our purpose - to be the safest and most profitable downstream company in the Americas. We own and operate North America's largest refinery, based in Port Arthur, TX, headquartered in Houston, TX, along with Terminals and Pipelines across the Southeast Coast.
Director of Hedging and Risk Mitigation will deliver Three key business objectives: Development of Hedging/Risk Mitigation programs, the execution of those programs and support for overall commodity risk mitigation throughout Motiva. This person will successfully lead 1-2 employees that are commodity/market risk experts in support of these key objectives. Motiva Enterprise LLC., our key asset is our people. We have over 2,500 dedicated employees who allow us to fulfill our purpose - to be the safest and most profitable downstream company in the Americas. We own and operate North America's largest refinery, based in Port Arthur, TX, headquartered in Houston, TX, along with Terminals and Pipelines across the Southeast Coast.
- Reporting Directly to the Chief Risk Officer of Motiva
- Key authority on all matters related to the financial hedging programs associated with managing price exposure pertaining to our refining and Chemical's businesses
- Manages 1-2 Sr. Hedging Analysts
Experience and Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- The creation, approval, and execution of all financial hedging programs supporting the refining and chemicals businesses, including but not limited to, Crude and Intermediates/Feedstocks, Finished Gasoline, Clean products, Distillates, NGL's, Ethylene, Natural Gas, Industrial Gases, Power and Base Oils
- This hedging is in support of a 600,000+ bbl/day refinery and 5 million lb/day Chemical plant
- Provide support for risk mitigation measures to all physical commodity groups
- Present/report to Sr. Management on program results including effectiveness and any new possible hedging programs
- Manage 1-2 employees in support of this area
- Maintain hedging and risk management process/procedures while ensuring full organizational alignment on hedged positions with Risk Control and Finance, ensuring timely and accurate hedging positions
- Coordinate closely with Risk Control and Risk Quantification
- Providing general education to the organizationon hedging/financial products
- Minimum 10 Years of energy commodity and financial trading/risk management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or related field
- Able to demonstrate Leadership skills required to lead a team of professionals
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Proven experience interacting with and aiding commercial contributions with Front Office personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
- 10+ Years of energy commodity and financial trading experience
- Master's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience hedging a refinery business and/or Crude and Clean products
- Previous experience with Right Angle or other energy ETRM's
- Understands the full Life Cycle of a Financial Energy Commodity Trade
- Previous experience in Refining and/or Chemical's businesses
- Include physical abilities that are essential for performance of duties
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling ...ascend and descend ladders, scaffolds, stairs and work in confined spaces and in proximity to loud equipment... lifting up to 50lbs, standing 50% of the time
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.