Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Come find your "more" with Mohawk!
What we need:
Responsible for applying Six Sigma tools and methodologies and leveraging InfinityQS and other quality-related tools to improve quality and service across the Flooring business. Drive Six Sigma program, serving as the Master Black Belt and Mentor and coordinating all Six Sigma training efforts for all Mohawk Flooring. Partners with SBU leaders to develop and implement improvement programs that improve the overall quality and operational efficiency. Provides leadership that builds commitment and understanding required to accomplish the improvement goals for the organization. Acts as a Mentor, Facilitator, and Catalyst for Six Sigma Black Belts, Green Belts, Champions, and process owners to achieve defined improvement objectives and provides unbiased direction to executive and senior management, process improvement teams, and the organization overall.
What you'll do:
- Stimulate management thinking by challenging conventional wisdom through demonstration of the application of Lean Six Sigma methodologies and Quality Improvement tools. Provide guidance and knowledge for management to lead and change the organization. Communicates key lessons learned and best practices from across the enterprise to foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Educate and support Belts, process owners, and teams by coaching and mentoring on key metrics, process and quality improvement philosophies, tools, and applications. Facilitate efforts to identify and eliminate sources of waste and activities that do not add value in order to create flow with maximum productivity, capacity and output.
- Partner with key management personnel to create a culture where continuous improvement is integrated into all activities with the objective of improving the quality of all Business Processes. Help develop the critical thinking skills required for operational excellence and culture change by sharing best practices for introducing, driving and sustaining Six Sigma and other Quality Improvement methodology in the Flooring business.
- Drives continuous quality and process improvement by leveraging Infinity QS and PAC monitoring in the implementation of consolidated control room(s).
- Involves senior leadership as necessary to eliminate barriers to the success of initiatives.
- Provide assistance, mentoring and coaching to key management and executives involved in Six Sigma training. Provide support on project selection, scoping, defining, and reviewing to ensure alignment with business vision and strategy. Project prioritization will be established by the Business Unit as needed.
- Successful application of Six Sigma and Quality Control/Improvement methodologies to manage projects, improve processes and provide quality analytics and measurements
- Create cohesive cooperation among Mohawk's business units focused on quality improvement, waste reduction and continuous process improvement and innovation.
What you have:
- Establish and manage towards "best in class" performance metrics - waste, quality, delivery and cost - as well as supporting new product/process introduction goals
- Provide dynamic hands-on leadership to direct reports and extended team to ensure a consistent application of standards, values and improvement tools
- Regularly mentor Champions, Green Belts and Black Belts and Lean facilitators
- Develop and implement rules, procedures and practices to fulfill the function's needs according to the "voice of the customer"
- Monitor projects and initiatives from inception to completion. Ensure that the projects meet applicable internal and
- external standards, policies and regulations
- Works closely with highly competent instructors (internal or external) in providing various levels of Lean and Six Sigma training to employees throughout the organization. Develop a program of awareness training for all employees to promote familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology. Provide direction and oversight for all training initiatives.
- Qualified to teach other Six Sigma facilitators the methodologies, tools, and applications in all functions and levels of the organization and is a resource for using statistical methods to improve processes
- BS degree in Science or Engineering. An advanced degree in Continuous Improvement a plus.
- 5+ years leading Six-Sigma projects. Must possess a Six Sigma Master Black Belt and must have documentation of completed Six Sigma projects
- Business integration project management experience leading/facilitating large cross-functional waste reduction and quality & process improvement projects
- Must have a minimum of 10 years Manufacturing/Operations experience
- Prior experience implementing Six Sigma in a Fortune 500 Company
- ISO 9000 implementation experience desired.
- Lean experience desired.
- Strong command of Lean Six Sigma tools and processes to successfully lead and mentor Green Belts, Black Belts, and Champions.
- Strong command of Infinity QS, process monitoring such as PAC, and other quality & process improvement tools and ability to apply to broad range of improvement initiatives.
- Ability to approach unusual situations with ease while identifying a range of solutions. Understands long-term trends and implications of alternative approaches.
- PC proficiency that includes MS Office, Minitab, InfinityQS, Sequel, Diver, Mohawk operational systems, and others.
- Strong leader (vision, values, standards, ethics) and manager (possesses, metrics, etc.)
- Strong team leadership and project management skills
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong coaching, mentoring and teaching skills
- Strong analytical, statistical and strategic planning skills
- Strong decision making and consensus building skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Knowledge of adult training and learning theory.
- Expert analysis and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills
- Outward display of professional demeanor, tact and integrity
- Positive "Can-Do" attitude
- Must be available to travel as required
We're located in a pretty great spot - check out this video to see what we mean!
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.