At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Director, Oncology Marketing, HER2, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing the lives of people with cancer. Our US Commercial Oncology organization represents the 'face' of AstraZeneca's oncology organization to our many healthcare clients in the US. They represent many of the most well-recognized and respected products in the industry and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals. AstraZeneca has a deep-rooted heritage in Oncology and offers a quickly-growing portfolio of new medicines that has the potential to transform patients' lives and the Company's future. By harnessing the power of four scientific platforms - Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Drivers and Resistance,
DNA Damage Response (DDR) and Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADC) - and by championing the development of personalized combinations, AstraZeneca has the vision to redefine cancer treatment and one day eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
The Director, Oncology Marketing, HER2, is accountable for a major breast cancer indication in the US and leads a brand team of 2-4 marketers. As the flagship brand in the Breast Cancer Franchise, HER2 is a key medicine in the AstraZeneca oncology portfolio and this breast cancer indication represents a key commercial opportunity for the franchise, business unit, and organization. You and your team will be charged with developing and executing a robust commercial strategy and launching an execution plan for HER2 in breast cancer in collaboration with key cross-functional partners across AstraZeneca and our alliance partner, Daiichi Sankyo.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for our US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit.
Minimum Requirements -Education and Experience:
- Develops, evaluates, and evolves HER2's brand strategy for key breast cancer, including creating an overarching brand strategy, go-to-market launch plan, and competitive readiness plans in close collaboration with Daiichi-Sankyo counterpart
- Collaborates closely and provides strategic direction to cross-functional groups (e.g. Insights, Access, Medical, Sales, Training, Regulatory) for the development and implementation of both strategic and execution plans
- Accountable for engaging with the Global Breast Cancer and HER2 leadership team to ensure strategic alignment across all indications and share learnings across markets.
- Monitors brand performance and provide indication-specific input into forecasting and expenses
- Develops and delivers key brand presentations on HER2 in Breast Cancer to leadership and the field organization.
- Leads input into business reviews
- Manages, coaches, and develops a team of pharmaceutical marketing professionals.
- Bachelors degree,
- 8-10 + years of biotech/pharma brand marketing experience with a minimum of 4-6+ years of experience in oncology marketing.
- In-line Oncology marketing experience
- Understanding of U.S. Oncology landscape including Community oncology and Hospital oncology dynamics, GPOs, Payer landscape, Specialty Pharmacy stakeholders
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Masters MBA or MS or MA or higher
- Current relevant US Breast cancer marketing experience
- People management experience
- Working in a commercial alliance/partnership environment
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.