Volunteers of America - Mary Marshall Assisted Living Community is seeking a part time Dietary Assistant to work in Arlington, VA!
~ The shift hours is 11:30a-6:30p (includes every other weekend).
Objective: If you are looking for a career that serves others, this is the place for you. Our dietary services combine food safety with great taste, allowing our residents to enjoy meals they love. The successful candidate will get to learn about various dietary restrictionsand needs, ways food can be prepared to assist with any mechanical eating restrictions and best of all, you get to learn about our residents, the heart of our community.
Working for VOA - Mary Marshall Assisted Living Community will allow you to be a part of a certified "Great Place to Work" which we earned through employee survey results and programs we implement. We offer the following:
- Scholarships to continue education after 3 months of employment.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. Previous institutional dietary service experience is preferred.
3. Ability to read and understand procedures used for work assignments, instructions, recipe directions and diet order cards.
4. Numerical ability for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals.
5. Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as preparing food items, carrying quantity foods, serving meals, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning assigned work areas.
6. Coordination and dexterity for preparing food and operating dietary equipment safely.
7. Ability to work in an area that is often very hot/cold.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
EOE M/F/Vets/DisabledRecommended Skills
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Arlington, VAJob Type
Customer Service, Health Care, Nonprofit - Social ServicesExperience
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?