Dietary Aide (Full-time)
La Rabida Children's Hospital is hiring a full-time Dietary Aide for the Food Service department in Chicago, IL.
At La Rabida Children's Hospital, our mission is simple: we're dedicated to maintaining and improving the quality of life for each of our patients with complex conditions, disabilities, and chronic illness. The path to completing this mission, however, is often complicated. Fortunately, we've got the best team around. If you are looking for your next career opportunity to partner with a compassionate multidisciplinary collaborative team, we have the job for you!
La Rabida is currently recruiting a full-time Dietary Aide to join our Food Service unit in Chicago, IL. We are a small children's acute care hospital focused on treating complex medical conditions, chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, and abuse and trauma.
The role of the dietary aide is to provide hospitality services for the patient, guests, and staff of La Rabida Children's Hospital.
Essential Dietary Aide Functions:
What we need from you:
- Prepare formula and patient-specific supplements/food to ensure all patients' diets coincide with current treatments
- Prepare breakfast and lunch tray line in addition to snacks for all patients, guests, and staff
- Open and/or close cafeteria at appropriate times
- Ensure inventory is accounted for and kitchen is well-stocked
- Set up and break down cafeteria and kitchen before and after meal times
- Complete receiving inventory as needed
- Wash dishes from café and tray carts
What you will receive:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Related work experience - 3 years in food service preferable
- Food Sanitation Certification preferred
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and teamwork
Who we are:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plans & Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Free Parking
- Free breakfast and lunch on the last Friday of every month
La Rabida is a place unlike any other. We understand the needs of families with children dealing with the most serious or complicated of conditions. With teams of the best healthcare providers in Chicago, we give continuous, comprehensive care, education and support, helping families face their unique obstacles head on.
La Rabida Children's Hospital is very proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Conditions of Employment Required to demonstrate full vaccination status for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized or FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine; OR Qualify for a reasonable accommodation for an exemption from vaccine requirements based on a medical disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief. Additional information and instructions regarding how to request a reasonable accommodation will be provided on request at the time of selection.
This job has expired.