Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-2 times per week. Must have the ability to read and understand Korean language.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
The Mobile Technical Architect is responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components for Mobile architecture needed to support Future of Retail and their conformance to approved GM IT standards and alignment with the future state enterprise and domain architectural goals. This includes both hands-on development of global IT technology architectures as well as management of various architectural initiatives.
A Solutions architect leader not only leads a team and is able to look across the assigned domain to ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives of the supported unit. The architect leader provides guidance to the team as well as industry leading technical direction and guidance to various project teams to ensure appropriate and cost effective application of GM approved technologies. Ensures appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications.
A Senior Solutions Architect is expected to master all the capabilities required of a solutions architect and proven expertise with various architectural patterns, technologies and architecture management processes. A Senior Solutions Architect will mentor and direct less senior solutions architects while participating in multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
1. Responsible for leading the definition of mobile device architectures which includes evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components to create solution designs that support the defined functional and non-functional requirements. Focus areas on WeChat architecture for GM Premium China projects 2021 and beyond.
2. Responsible for definition of current state application and/or infrastructure architectures for the mobile devices needed for Future of Retail
3. Responsible for development and approval of future state application or infrastructure architectures in an organized and cohesive manner using industry accepted frameworks.
4. Understands, applies and recommends architecture principles in the context of a specific solution.
5. Responsible for integration and cohesion of developed or reviewed architecture solutions across all architectural layers.
6. Understands and comprehends the implications of technology decisions and recommendations across multiple domain areas.
7. Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas.
8. Promotes innovation and application of emerging IT technologies within the context of a business domain area.
9. Introduces technology innovation opportunities to the GM IT organization. Participates in the evaluation of new technologies for inclusion as GM IT standards.
10. Builds a diverse and effective team by identifying/selecting the best talent. Responsible for directing and prioritizing work, leading performance and providing guidance / coaching to team members. Leads the culture within their team, holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Specific to the Mobile Technical Architect for DEV IT: