**This position requires you to be 100% in the office at our Winston Salem, NC location**
The Desktop Integration Specialist provides technical support, incident and problem management to end users on complex issues regarding computer operations and networks including installations, moves, adds, system status, etc. and basic video and audio-conferencing end user support.
- Perform and document installs (moves, adds, and, changes, for personal computer (PC) hardware including PCs, notebooks, printers, LAN connections, telephones and other peripherals.)
- Diagnose and resolve complex hardware problems
- Install and test desktop applications including complex or custom installations
- Resolve difficult problems and issues that may occur during or after installation
- Perform complex data backup and data recovery
- Support root-cause analysis on intermediate to moderately complex incidents to provide future application, hardware and/or software resiliency
- Understand, monitor, and identify misapplication of corporate governance guidelines as relates to hardware and software (e.g. move/add/change etc.)
- Identify and determine cause of problems. Initiate action and resolve the problem in a timely manner
- Enter ticket, request, or incident information into the approved database or tracking software
- Collect data from the database or tracking software. Create queries and design reports using the designated tools
This job does not have supervisory dutiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Advanced computer experience in networking and Windows configuration
- Ability to resolve problems of a difficult nature using documented work-around procedures
- Ability to identify and resolve basic hardware problems by associating customer reported problems and symptoms to pre-established resolutions using standard instructions from the manufacturer
- Possesses sufficient fundamental hardware and software proficiency to successfully demonstrate the skill in practical applications of moderate difficulty
- Sophisticated user of PC hardware and peripherals
- Demonstrates an ability to resolve problems that may occur during the installation of software
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.