General Summary/Overview Statement
The Center for Community Health and Health Equity (CCHHE) at Brigham and Women's Hospital serves as the coordinating department for health equity programs and acts as a liaison for community-based organizations and the hospital. In addition to directly delivering 16 programs, the CCHHE collaborates with hospital departments, including clinical and research areas, and works in partnership with external organizations and community-based groups to address the social determinants of individual and community health. Additional information about the Center and its programs can be found on our website: http://www.brighamandwomens.org/about_bwh/communityprograms/Default.aspx
The CCHHE evaluation and data efforts have focused on developing systems to track and report on program efforts, assessing program effectiveness, and responding to Center-wide data, evaluation and reporting needs. The current environment necessitates a deeper understanding of the long-term impact and outcomes of our programs to inform our Center's strategy and investment decisions. We are also eager to dig deeper into program and Center-wide data that is currently collected, with the goal of using data to inform and enhance ongoing programming.
To support this work, the Center is hiring a Data and Evaluation Coordinator who will work closely with the Center's lead Program Evaluator as well as the Senior Evaluation Consultant. As a part of the evaluation team, the Data and Evaluation Coordinator will also collaborate with CCHHE directors and staff to develop and implement strategies to achieve identified evaluation goals as well as provide ongoing technical assistance. The Data and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for supporting various evaluation projects and initiatives and will specifically assist with data collection, analysis, visualization and reporting efforts. The Center is looking for an individual with experience working in evaluation and/or data management to contribute to building internal evaluation capacity and advancing the Center's community health and health equity work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Data and Evaluation Coordinator's principal duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments
- Oversee utilization of data collection tools
- Develop and maintain project databases and data management systems
- Develop data collection plans and reporting protocols
- Conduct regular data monitoring and cleaning
- Analyze program specific and Center-wide data using Excel and/or other data analysis software
- Develop descriptive and visual (e.g., graphs, tables, maps, infographics) data summaries and contribute to report writing and the development of other documents
- Provide data entry support to program teams
- Provide technical assistance, training, and support to CCHHE staff
- Gather necessary background materials for evaluation projects, such as research articles, secondary data, program information, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of data requests, presentations, and other deliverables
- Provide additional evaluation and administrative support as needed
The Data and Evaluation Coordinator should, at minimum, possess:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in fields such as program evaluation, applied research, data management, project management, public/community health, social work, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience using data analysis software
- Experience with data collection and management tools and systems
- General experience with data collection, management and analysis activities
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods
- Background in evaluation of community health or public health programs and initiatives
- Experience with Social Solutions' Efforts to Outcomes Software, REDCap, and/or Tableau
- Familiarity with effective data visualization techniques and/or infographic tools
The Data and Evaluation Coordinator is expected to have foundational knowledge and skills in evaluation and/or research methods, data management tools/systems, verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ideally, the Data and Evaluation Coordinator will have an understanding of community health, health equity and public health concepts and principles.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences and opportunities. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities, qualifications, and competencies listed in this job description. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.EEO Statement
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.