Follow and like us:
Position & Client Overview:
One of the largest laboratory organizations in the world seeks a cytogenetics medical technologist to test in their busy hospital clinical pathology laboratory on the day shift.
Performs microscopic analysis for cytogenetic studies on biological specimens. Analyzes chromosomes for prenatal diagnosis, congenital birth defects, fertility problems and hematological disorders. Is responsible for harvesting cells, image analysis, and results reporting.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Job requirements include but not limited to:
- Stain slides to make chromosomes visible for microscopy
- Select or prepare specimens and media for cell cultures using aseptic techniques, knowledge of medium components, or cell nutritional requirements
- Harvest cell cultures using substances such as mitotic arrestants, cell releasing agents, and cell fixatives
- Examine chromosomes found in biological specimens to detect abnormalities
- Recognize and report abnormalities in the color, size, shape, composition, or pattern of cells
- Prepare biological specimens for chromosome examinations
- Analyze chromosomes to aid diagnoses and treatments for genetic diseases. Maintain laboratory equipment. Input details of specimens into logs or computer systems
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a biological science
- CG(ASCP) certification or eligible
- Two (2) years of experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.
This job has expired.