Cybersecurity Analyst, Security Monitoring
The Cybersecurity Analyst reports to the Cybersecurity Manager. Under indirect supervision, the Cybersecurity Analyst provides a variety of operational, compliance, and consultative functions. This position helps implement, manage, and monitor technical and administrative controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization's information assets. Partners with IT and Cybersecurity architects, working groups, project teams and application owners to support business and regulatory objectives. This role may be required to provide rotating 24x7 on-call support.
· Leads initiatives with assigned teams, develops comprehensive project plans, and participates on critical Information Technology planning initiatives to ensure adequate security protection measures are incorporated into those IT strategic plans.
· Develop, recommend, and implement enterprise information security policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of an infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls.
· Collaborate across Cybersecurity and IT organization to obtain and share knowledge broadly.
· Work with Cybersecurity and IT teams to identify, select and implement technical controls.
· Create presentations and seek IT management approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major security systems serving the Enterprise.
· Develops metrics and reports supporting strategy and direction for management.
· Reviews the latest security alerts to determine relevancy and urgency.
· Leverages emerging threat intelligence to identify affected systems and scope of attack. Explores ways to identify stealthy threats using the latest threat intelligence.
· Conducts penetration tests on systems to validate resiliency and identify areas of weakness to fix.
· Recommends how to optimize security monitoring tools based on threat hunting discoveries.
· Assist in the coordination and completion of operations documentation.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· BS/BA in related field; 3-5+ years of experience in systems administration and security aspects of information systems, Ebusiness, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management.
· Significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
· A strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, to provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships.
· Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and to comprehend business imperatives.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to take highly technical concepts and make them understandable.
· Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining policies, processes, procedures and standards.
· Expert knowledge of and experience with security monitoring, threat analysis and incident response principles, processes and tools.
· Expert level analytical skills to analyze improve security and threat monitoring capabilities.
· Significant experience with SIEM technologies, such as IBM QRadar, Exabeam, etc. and concepts, such as security monitoring use case development.
· One or more related certifications desired or in process (e.g. ISC2, ISACA, SANS GIAC, CompTIA, ITIL, etc.).
· CISSP strongly preferred.
Posted about 14 hours ago
Downers Grove, Illinois
Posted about 14 hours ago
Posted about 13 hours ago