PARKING SERVICES (IA-PARK-IUINA)
Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) is a division of Auxiliary Services on the IUPUI campus. We are committed to providing customer focused parking and transportation solutions that support the needs of students, employees and visitors. Our primary goal is to provide an exceptional customer experience to those we serve.
We are committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will seek to understand different perspectives and cultures, can actively contribute to a work climate where differences are valued and supported, and are sensitive to cultural norms, expectations and ways of communicating. We hope to identify individuals who can assist us in dismantling racism and other oppressions so that everyone has the opportunity to succeed at IUPUI.
- Provides excellent customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints regarding the organization's products or services.
- Resolves employee questions and problems accurately by researching policies and programs; provides answers to questions and resolutions to problems.
- Builds and maintains business relationships with a variety of customers, including current and prospective students, parents, employees and dependents, departmental representatives, and other stakeholders, to promote customer loyalty and provide information about university programs and services.
- Redirects moderately complex questions and issues to higher-level appointed staff and/or leaders.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of information consistent with university policies. Updates and maintains basic information into databases.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all records and documents.
- High school diploma or GED.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Friendly and service-oriented.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Job Classification
Career Level: Foundational
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Customer Service
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us